Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

paper tune fall away troubles

Old 07-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Default paper tune fall away troubles

Hello to all i finally had to change out my bodoodle that i have loved for years.I went to a trophy taker fc i am having troubble paper tuning. the shop says they do not ever paper tune or center shot any of there fall aways. wich i think is wrong. anyway getting slight fletch contact but if i adjust the timing to get away from fletches the tear is low right looked into my spine issue and it isn't that. any ideas? I am at the end of my wits. thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 08:30 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: paper tune fall away troubles

If the tear is low, then its not spine, you need to raise your nock position. Thats fletch low I assume. Left and right tears usually indicate spine issues. First adjust out that low tear and then see where the windage tear is. If its light, you can adjust it out. Be sure to take advantage of different point wieghts.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:50 PM

I can get tear horizontal by moving rest.Swapped 100 gr for 125 gr on arrows and even tried the next weaker spine no luck still tearing rt and yes fletch tear to the right. But sionce you mentioned knock height will go back and set rest to original setting and adj knock to 1/4 i have it at 1/8" this setting has always worked good on this bow. I am a right handed shooter that has no problem (normally) getting bullet holes with a properly tuned bow.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:30 PM

update moved knock height not much changed . the only thing leftwas to move rest closer to riser did it, same problem moved so far had to take off the capture cage to get clearance for the riser shot fletched arrow good due to vane interference on riser raw shaft still tearing right.ok now its gotta be the bow loked it over and noticed the top cam at draw is way off no bow press so going to the shop tommorrow. The strings were changed 1 month ago winners choice yuk! I did a check of the old strings and noticed the yokes on the cables are different probabaly should have stayed with hoyt strings live and learn. thanks big country for your reply
Old 07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
NWA
Spike

Unless I'm mistaken I would move your rest to the point of the arrow. So that means moving your rest to the left. Take a look at www.skookumarchers.com
they have a great instruction page on paper tuning. You will have to click on table of contents and it is about half way don in that table.

Nick
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM
NWA
Spike

better yet here is the exact location of that linkhttp://www.skookumarchers.com/Archery%20Library/Paper_tuning.htm

Nick