Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Opinions on Mathews Micro Rest

Old 03-04-2003, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Opinions on Mathews Micro Rest

I am considering trying a mathews micro rest(0 overdraw), on my lx when it comes in. If you have tried this rest, what is your opinion on it? Is their anything similar that will work as well? I would like to stick with this style of rest, even though I know the fall aways seem to be popular right now, as I have never really had any problems with tuning them with a little work and patience. Thanks.

Bhunter32
Old 03-05-2003, 12:45 PM

Default RE: Opinions on Mathews Micro Rest

It is a fine rest. I think Golden Key makes it for them, or maybe they ought to be a little ashamed. It is a very simple, but totaly bulletproof 3D Rover kind of deal. It has the bearing support at either end of the rest pivot, but little in the way of microdrives. Never mind, I haven' t had any difficulty setting mine up. It is great shooting target. The biggest plus is that Mathews doesn' t give you two holes on the riser to mount a rest, so you need a rest with great bearing to stay rock solid, this is the best at that I have seen.

For myself, since I use helical fletches, I like more room and support for hunting arrows, and my hunting mathews have bodoodles on them. I am experimenting with the MZE, and possibly other drop aways. That seems to be the future to me. Like a lot of archery tech, it starts out as a gimick, and ultimately they get it so it works.