Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

looking for good target arrows

Old 03-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: looking for good target arrows

The way some of the arrows are pulled, some of my aluminums would get bent.
They do that in NFAA too! Gamesmanship.

I' ve never used any of the high end carbons. Spending upwards of $10 per arrow doesn' t fit my wallet too well. Really, I don' t have much problem with carbons at all until I try to mount broadheads on the beasts. Then everything goes to pot.

Old 03-07-2003, 02:59 PM

ACC or Carbon Express 3D select
Old 03-07-2003, 05:45 PM

AP I don' t doubt that you' d find spine variance in some of the cheaper carbons.I also believe that' s due to the nature of the procees,wrapping and gluing fibers as opposed to drawing a piece of aluminum tubing.For target arrows no doubt acc' s are at the top of my list as are x-7' s.For carbons you really have to look at the higher quality shafts.

CB
Old 03-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I need to amend what I said earlier. What I should have said is, I don' t have much trouble with carbon on 3D targets. On an NFAA round, my average scores with carbon are a solid 50 points lower than they are with aluminum.

Cajun, the highest grade carbons I' ve used have been the Easton Epics and Gold Tip XT' s. Unfortunately, I don' t have any XT' s left. I hear they' ve picked up their quality over the past year and my dealer is starting to carry them again, so maybe I' ll give ' em another shot. Might carry my spine tester in and check ' em out before I buy...

I have scrounged around and gotten hold of a few ACC' s, but haven' t gotten enough together at one time to actually shoot a tournament with them. They' re pretty darn good though, from what limited shooting I' ve done with ' em. Their reputation seems well deserved. ACC' s, X7' s and X10' s are way out of my price range.

Well, if I got rid of a bunch of bows so I didn' t have to have a good asortment of ammo to fit all of ' em, maybe I could afford the higher priced stuff. But where' s the fun in that?