Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A Serving Question....

Old 07-17-2008, 09:00 AM

Default A Serving Question....

I am still a greenhornaround archery issues so looking for some guidance. I have a small bump and separation in the serving of the top cable on my 82nd. Can this be fixed, or reserved in just this one spot? Or is it necessary to have the whole cable reserved? Thanks in advance forthe feedback.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A Serving Question....

Serving seperation at a tight bend is normal for factory strings. The small bump often means the string is damaged. If you can see the strands running clean and straight through the seperation, don't worry about it too much. Just keep an eye on it. If it looks like a ball of yarn is trying to escape between the serving wraps, then the string IS damaged and you shouldn't shoot it. In that case, Replace the string, preferrably with a good aftermarket string or a custom string.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the feedback. The spot or separation on the cable is really small and I am able to easily smooth out the bump, so confident that there is not any damage to the string yet. I think that I am going to have some new vapor trail cables and string put on anyways, as like you said a better set would likely hold up better than the stock.
Thanks again.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Keep in mind that all---ALL-- strings will stretch the serving area in a tight radius. Bowtech makes all of their strings out ofBCY 8125 one of the finest out there!
Try out www.bcyfibers.com and see what you haveon you bow, quite a fine string...IMO