Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quieting a Bowtech BK2 - your best results

Old 03-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Quieting a Bowtech BK2 - your best results

Okay, I have found a near perfect bow. Its fast, light and accurate for my setup. I absolutely love it. I have yet to place any string silencers on the bow. It is a new 2003 with all the factory silencer items, like the cable slide dampner, etc. It really is nice. I was just wondering what your best results have been on making the string noise more quiet. Thanks to all that reply.

Kelly
Old 03-04-2003, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Quieting a Bowtech BK2 - your best results

Here goes.....
Scrap the Hush Kit " star" silencers in favor of SIMS Leeches ..... Hush kit isn' t bad but the SIMS is better.
Slide the Vibrablocks down completely to the limb pockets and then ad a set of SIMS " Stealth" Limbsavers in the normal spot.

Get yourself an 8" Stealth " Hunter" stabilizer and some good mid weight arrows (400grs +) and .........shhh.....what was that?.........was that someone shooting a bow?.........
Old 03-04-2003, 09:31 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have a BKII 2002 model without the hush kit and I don' t use anything on the string. It is quiet enough with limb savers and a stab. I have had several people make comments to how quiet the bow was with nothing on my string. I had some tuning issues to start with and missed the same deer three times and it still didn' t run off, i quit shooting. That was proof enough for me.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:06 AM

I have got the stealth limbsavers, string leeches, and a 6" stealth stabilizer on mine and it is still too loud. (also tried with a 12" stealth stabilizer and could not tell any difference). I have some Sims extreme limbsavers (like the PSE NV system) ordered to see if they make any difference. I even tried additional string leeches on the cables, but still get a high pitch " twang" upon release.

Love the bow and it is damn fast.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

use heavy arrows to silence string noise. if you are unwilling to sacrafice a little speed you are SOL.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:52 PM

I am shooting 490 grain arrows right now. What would you suggest?
Old 03-04-2003, 12:55 PM

I should mention, the bow is set at 55#, 28" draw.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:03 AM

jrb it sounds like you are shooting to heavy an arrow for 55lbs, I shoot my Extreme Solo at 58lb with 35-55 Gold Tip arrows finished out at 295 grains. I always get comments on how quite it is. One other suggestion is make sure your nocks are not too tight on the string.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

jrb it sounds like you are shooting to heavy an arrow for 55lbs,
highbow
say what?
It is common Knowledge that the heavier the arrow the more string viberation it will abaorb thus quietning the bow some bows are kust louder than othersand the Extreme just happens to be a little louder than others. also if you are a finger shooter will amplify string viberation noise also.
I had a 02 Black Knight IIwhich was fun to shoot because it was so fast but it was very loud and very unforgiving that is the 2 main reasons I got rid of it.

one other thing you can do to dampen a little more is to slide your string scilencers as close as possible to the center serving without having them in your way that way the scilencers will dampen the Viberation before it can travel the length of the string.
other than that you are going to have to get used to the noise or trade it in for a slower quieter bow.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:35 PM

I have a 2002 BK2 and get coments on how quiet it is. I put sims leeches on the string and cable(4) then limb savers on the limbs,and finaly split limbs savers screwed through the riser at top and bottom. it is very quiet and very smooth to shoot!

Quick Reply: Quieting a Bowtech BK2 - your best results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.