Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD tune up... *Update**

Old 07-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD tune up...

ORIGINAL: hmthtrfan

Iam at the office right now, i will try that when I get home. one last night of tryin....
And based on whats happening with it.... seriously try that trick that I mentioned for the Hunter model... heck moving the whole rest forward in the berger hole a 1/4" or so might just do it... worth a shot anyway.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

can't move it any further forward, tried that too..
Old 07-11-2008, 03:16 PM
bigcountry

One question.When you thumb the arrow up in the fork, do you should see the forks not be at 90degree angle pointing straight up. Do you see this? Then at full draw, you should see the rest go to 90degrees stright up. Do you see this? If you do, all you need to do now is make it go 90degrees up closer to full draw.

I guess what I am saying is, its essential that you understand what to look for.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

right, i have and it does with the thumb, as well as at draw. something else has to be going on....
Old 07-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

So I took the QAD Rest off my bow to check it out.

needless to say, it will not drop all the way. just holding it in my hand, goes from 90 degrees, to about 5, not 0. that explains that.

emailed QAD and am sending it in to them.

I put a NAP Quicktune "flipper" on in the mean while, a borrowed one from a friend of mine, looks kinda neat.
thanks guys
Old 07-12-2008, 04:16 PM
bigcountry

Did it go to 0degrees on the bow? Did it have enough clearance from the shelf to go 0 degrees on the bow? Probably wont in your hand.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

I mounted it to a piece of wood so that I could measure it once I got it off the bow, it didn't drop to 0, there was a time that it did on my bow..... something failed in it, QAD said they would handle it, so no worries.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mounted it to a piece of wood so that I could measure it once I got it off the bow, it didn't drop to 0, there was a time that it did on my bow..... something failed in it, QAD said they would handle it, so no worries.
Probably a weak spring or something like that.

I'll bet it good to know you aren't really going crazy after all Glad you found an answer!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

I'll bet it good to know you aren't really going crazy after all
you have no idea....
Old 07-13-2008, 08:01 AM
bigcountry

Hate to tell ya, but 5degrees is nothing. If it was 20degrees, that could pose a problem. But if its only 5degrees and you have clearance issues, you need to raise your nocking point until there is not clearance issue, and then at least paper tune. You probably know you cant paper tune with clearance issues. This is also another reason I hate bohning fletch. .5" high fletch is too high and not needed IMO.

Quick Reply: QAD tune up... *Update**

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.