Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shooting with eye glasses?

Old 03-06-2003, 08:50 AM

Default RE: shooting with eye glasses?

I' ve also been thinking of going with the no peep any info on it would be helpful. thanks
Old 03-06-2003, 09:02 AM

Lady,

If the bridge is in your way either squeze the pads and raise your glasses on your nose or open the pads up and lower the glasses on your nose. Most of the time you can get them to sit so the bridge is out of your way. The no-peep will not (for me anyway) help with the bridge blocking your view.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:26 AM

I wear glasses and I have the no-peep installed. I can see better without a peep, but my glasses still interfer with my vision. I have found that different frame styles will alter your view. Some glasses sit closer to your eyes and some are at odd angles which can distort vision through the edge of the lense. I have found that I can see much better with certain style glasses and that I have to be very careful when choosing new ones. I got new glasses last year and it was very expensive for me, because I had to get 3 difference pairs to find one that worked adequately. Unfortunately, there is no way to try them out before hand to test the clarity at an angle, and have the correct lens in them at the same time.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:23 PM

I shot with glasses for a while and still do when practicing, but when I' m hunting or shooting seriously I have to wear contacts I have astigmatism also but luckily had an eye doc that was an archer so he let me try different lense until I found some that work
Old 03-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

This was my response to a post on another board:
Meleagris1, this may sound crazy, but here goes. I' m near sighted, my right eye being much weaker ( I shoot righty). I wear a pair of shooting glasses with interchangeable lenses. Shooting with two eyes, the pin is focused by the right eye, the target with the left. I' m right eye dominant. I came upon this by accident. The prescription for the shooting glasses is old. When I got new glasses I noticed the difference right away. My new glasses don' t allow the pin to be in focus, and I find myself estimating exactly where it is. I would think you could get a pair with interchangeable lenses, and have then ground this way purposely. One lens for close up (sight) and the other for distance. I shoot much better with the shooting glasses.

This may or may not work for others. I does very well for me. I shot eight points below average on the first half of a 3D, with the new glasses. I put my shooting glasses on and came right back. Best of all is being able to shoot with both eyes open.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well after all my complaining and whinning and struggling to shoot while wearing glasses, I have finally succeeded in being able to shoot with confidence and consistancy with the glasses, I shot my best 3D score ever this morning in the fog while wearing the glasses at the shoot[8D]
Old 03-16-2003, 09:30 AM

I wear glasses and am very familiar with just about everything you people are mentioning. Here is what I have done and now do:

For shooting with a peep and a magnified sight, I used to remove my glasses (my vision is not very bad) but I had trouble seeing my arrows in the target.

I got a tip from George Ryals and I now push my glasses over to the left when I shoot and this puts my nose between the right pad and the lens for the right eye -- this allows all obstrictions to be taken out of the picture and I see fine. Looks a bit funny though to others[8D].

I believe the double vision someone mentioned is looking through the edge or frame which you might not be able to see, but it bends the light causing the double image.

I shoped around for glasses that sit deep to my face and have no lower frame (only a wire) -- this helped a lot and I cam almost shoot with them without moving them to the right, but it is right on the edge.

I hunt using a No-peep and with these new glasses, I can shoot without having to move them.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Now that I' ve had some time with my No Peep, it was a VERY GOOD investment.

The only problem I had was that I have never shanged my anchor point from my old Instinctive tab shooting days [appache style-three fingers under]. I am Right Eye Dominant and have always aimed that way. Wiuth No Peep it gives me a better sight picture when I aim withe my left eye.

I am very well pleased and recommend it. BTW my glasses have presented NO problem at all.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dick; Glad to hear the no peep has worked out well for you, Thanks for all the info you provided about it.