Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PICS!!!! Here is the BowTech MightyMite....with comments

Old 03-02-2003, 10:30 PM

Default PICS!!!! Here is the BowTech MightyMite....with comments

Hey guys,

I figured that I would get some of the pics that I took of my new MightyMite and put them on here. There are alot of them, but, here we go, and, I will be commenting on them as I go along.

This is the bow with just my arrow rest, stabilizer, and wrist sling. The bow has a axle to axle length of 31 1/4" and a weight of 3.6 lbs. The bow has a 7.2" brace height, 25" -30" draw length, and 60-70# draw weight. It has the optional Infinity cam, which produces a I.B.O. speed of 316-324 f.p.s.

This is my 7.5" Carbon Impact Fat Gel Stabilizer with Simms Stabilizer Enhancer.

This is a pic to show the riser of the bow. There isn' t really much I can say about it except that this riser/limb combination gives the bow great balance.

This is the BowTech man, as you can see, the riser has great camo and it looks awsome. It has incredible detail.

This is a pic of the limb pockets. They seem to be very tight and havn' t moved yet, but I have only had limited time to shoot my bow. I will keep you updated on these as I get too shooting more.

Another pic of the limb pocket.

This is a picture of the Infinity Cam, I am not expert on this cam, but the little round piece sticking up is the adjustment for drawlength. This cam is very smooth but yet produces some incredible speeds.

This is the idler wheel, it is small, I havn' t measured it, but it is a better idea in my own opinion than the idler wheel that was on my 2002 Hoyt MT Sport. The smaller idler wheel makes the bow even smaller and it is easier to manuver.

This is the pic of the grip. The grip is 1" thick, and has BowTech etched in. I am planning on replacing this grip with the BowTech laminated grip which adds a " camoflauge" look to the grip.

This is another pic of the stabilizer, rest, grip, and riser.

This is the cable guard, not much to say about it. The one thing that I noticed is the cable slide is rather shoddy. I planned on replacing it anyways, which I have since the picture was taken. The factory slide is plastic, which causes more wear on the string than my Simms Virgin Teflon Cable Slide.

This is a pic of the bottom limb. Not much I can say about it either.

Here is a pic of my N.A.P. QuickTune 3000 Micro Arrow rest on the MM. This pic also shows the GREAT detail in the camoflauge pattern.

I just threw these pics in for fun.

Well, thats the pics I have so far. When I get it fully set-up I will add more. Anyone who wants to add comments on the pictures is more than welcome too.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PICS!!!! Here is the BowTech MightyMite....with comments

Glad to see your enjoying your bow.
I' ve got a lead on a 2002 mightymite that I' m looking pretty hard at. The nontransferable warranty is the only thing shying me away from buying used. But how much does that really matter?
Old 03-03-2003, 10:43 AM

Nice pics of a great little bow! I look at my ' 03 Pat Dually a lot and still am impressed with the quality of workmanship. Good luck!
Old 03-03-2003, 11:25 AM

Good quality pics. Nice looking little bow. Hopefully I' ll be getting a new bow this summer too. Really like the camo on it.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice pics BM. You sure have alot to be proud of.

Just out of curiousity, do you feel that the bow needs to have a long stabilizer out front in order to balance it or is that just one that you have used on a previous bow setup?
Old 03-04-2003, 07:46 AM

Frank,

That was my previous stabilizer. It is pretty long, 7 1/2" , but, it is just too light to really help balance a bow. The Carbon Impact on there only weighs 5 ounces. I am getting a 8" Stealth Hunter of Matt/Pa to put on it. It will give the little extra weight that the bow needs to be perfectly balanced, and from what I have been reading, they seem to be the best stabilizer' s out there.
So, what I am kinda saying is that if you have a average weight stabilizer (8-10" ounces), the bow should balance perfectly.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why did you remove the hush kit? or did it not come with one?

I just ordered a 2003 Bowtech blackhawk and will give the mighty-mite a serious look over when I go to the shop (over an hour drive) to pick it up.

I ended up passing on the used bow due to the uncertanty of sending $$$ in hopes of honesty and wanting to make sure I don' t have any warranty problems down the road.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:40 PM

DaveC,

The Hush kit in my opinion isn' t as good as the Simms products. I scraped the Hust Kit because it is very heavy. I forgot what Matt/Pa told me, but I think he said that it adds a total weight of something like 50 grains to the string. So, I am just replacing that with Simms new String Leechs (I had the old string leechs last THOUSANDS of shots with no problems, and they worked GREAT).

I took the VibraBlocks off because I had planned to put Simms Stealth LimbSavers on. It wasn' t only till after I cut them off that Matt/Pa suggested I slide them up to the limb pockets and still use the limb savers. O well, Its a little late now .

The MightyMite is a great hunting bow. It' s size and speed may not make it the best target bow, but, for hunting it is perfect for me. Fast, forgiving, quiet, short, light, everything that I wanted.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

After recently purchasing my bow and getting a full infinity cam lesson from the dealer I must say your draw stop peg looks way off. The downloadable manual from their website shows the 30" draw module setting to be between 3.2 (80%) and 4.0(65%). If you count the little hash marks on the cam, they equate to the numbers stated, but only WHOLE numbers. The 3.2 (65%) will be a smidgin above the third hash mark, with your total adjustabilty being no more than right at the fourth one which would = the 80%.

I' m not trying to tell you to do with your bow, but just thought I' d pass along what I learned about the " infinity" cam.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:21 PM

DaveC,

My pro-shop tech guy (John) backed the peg up some to take away from the " valley of death" that is typical found on the BowTechs. It helps smooth out the valley and give a better transition. I shot the bow before and after the peg was moved. There was no difference in speed (well, between 0-1 f.p.s. of change), but, it did smooth the valley out some.

Hopefully tommorow I will be able to hook up with John down at my pro-shop to get my bow set-up, run it through the chrono, and see what all we can do to it to get the best speed and get the best tune job out of it.

I got my arrows today, but, I am too tired to post pics of them right now. I might get around to it in a little while, but, probablly tommorow.

Quick Reply: PICS!!!! Here is the BowTech MightyMite....with comments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.