Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

patriot s/c & zero effect help

Old 03-01-2003, 10:51 AM

Default patriot s/c & zero effect help

I can' t the rest to move far enough out of the way . the video and instructions are no help and I would like not wait till monday to get help from muzzy. Is there any one out there who can help please
Old 03-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: patriot s/c & zero effect help

Which Patriot the Single or Dually?
Old 03-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Ausie guy I am assuming [8D] that the s/c means single cam. SO here is how you do it. I have set-up many of these. This is what MUZZY said to do when setting them up. Here it goes.

1. Nock point must be able to see 3/4 of the holes in the riser or set entirely above the holes. So nock set high.

2. Cross the cables above the cable gaurd.

3. The longer slot on the ZE slide must be the inside slot, closest to the riser.

4. The double ended stud that screws into the riser must be in the third hold on the arm.

5 then you set the threaded rod amr so that the hook or what I call the " turkey spur" do that it gives you clearance. This is generally even with the shelf on the riser. or 1/8 of an inch above.

Some people think that this is a " RIG" job but it is not. The arrows shot bullet holes set-up this way out of my Patriot single cam, tech 29 and VFT.

If I missed any thing I apologize but I think that covers it all. All other installation instructions are the same as any other set-up as far as final tuning and set-up.

This set-up allowed me to shoot 4" vanes to be IBO legal for hunter class. just to give you an idea of what clearance you will get. Feel free to e-mail me with any further questions or Call Muzzy support. They are really great about customer service. Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:43 PM

thanks Kidd642 I am going to try that asap
Old 03-01-2003, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

No problem, I am glad I could help. Let me know how everything turns out.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:24 PM

Kidd I have the same set up but the only difference that mine is that i have my cables crossing on the bottom of the cable guard does it really matter? because I' m having no problems with it
Old 03-02-2003, 09:48 AM

It still hitting my vanes hard enough to ripple them . there looks like there should enough room when bow is at rest. noticed that when at full draw arrow is at a severe downward angle.and rest is all the way up my patroit is a 2003
Old 03-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

You need to have the rest bottom out on the stop peg just as you reach full draw and if it hits to early you will get some contact. One thing I noticed on mine was if when cable and string started to show wear it didn' t drop fast enough to get vane clearance, make sure you keep the string and cable waxed at the slide area. Also be sure and use the short brace height hole on the arm that mounts to the stud as stated above by KIDD.
BTP02: The reason they say cross different it will make the slide travel more or at least that is what mine done.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:49 AM

Bigcountry are you saying that if the cables are crossing on top of the cable guard you will get more travel? Or does it even matter if the cables are crossing on top or bottom of the cable guard?
Old 03-03-2003, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

oscarg and btpatriot that is THE critical thing #2 on what kid642 said cross the cabel above the slide instead of below like majic your problems disapear and you have vane clearance

Quick Reply: patriot s/c & zero effect help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.