Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Ultra Rest

Old 06-30-2008, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: QAD Ultra Rest

I put about 1.5" of nylon serving directly on my down cable (like a center serving) and then just insert the QAD cable through the string. The burned ball end stops it from pulling through. I agree that you should position the QAD cable low on the down cable to insure that it falls quickly. My QAD cable connection is about even with the bottom of my grip.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've set up the hunter model and the pro model.

I've found that it does not matter if there is too much pressure on the arm at full draw as long as the rest is at 90 deg (If it's not you will have issues.). I've had nofall awayclearance issues at 320 fps. I've had my string almost straight back from the rest with little effect. However, I would recommend mounting it lower because some people seem to have a problem with that.

Ihave a binary cam bow and have no issues with the cams going out of synch and even if they are a ltitle out the bow shoots bullet holes. i think people are making way too much out of the binary's being a little out of synch at full draw or at reast. Just my $.02

I also tossed the cable clamp and ran the string thorugh my down cable with only a serving above and balling the end with a lighter and have had no problems with it moving or pulling out.

You should measure the vertical distance that the bottom of your WB hole is from the riser and install the QAD so that the bottom of the arm at 90 deg is at that height and dead center, left to right,on your riser for starters. If you do that you shouldn't have to adjust that much. Make sure that the arm is parallel to the riser at rest but not touching.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I very impressed with the rest. I put it on following the instructions on the website. they were much better to follow than those that came with the rest. Shot a few arrows and noticed the fletching wearing on the left side. Move the rest until that went away and now I was noticing contact on both fletchings on the bottom (shooting cock feather up). Recommendation was the nock point may be too low. I slide my loop up ever so slightly and now I am drilling arrows in groups that I'm almost afraid to shoot more than one arrow at a dot.

Decided after 2 days to try some broadheads and the flights looks great and they are grouping great as well.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:32 PM

This is how I set up all of mine as well. A lot cleaner than using the clamp.