Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Winners Choice Bow Strings

Old 02-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Winners Choice Bow Strings

Can anyone post testimonials here with regard to the quality of Winners Choice bowstrings?
I have a Mathews Q2 and have heard that theses are excellent strings.
I am in need of a new string and was going to get another Zebra, but honestly was not that impressed with them.
I am just trying to elicit some opinions before I drop $50 on the thing!
$50 for a string...can it be worth it?
Thanks
Old 02-28-2003, 02:48 PM

Default RE: Winners Choice Bow Strings

I have one on my SQ2 because I got tired of the peep tube noise when I shot my bow. With the WC string and cable I picked up a few fps and put in a tubeless peep, after the initial 50 shots, the nock hasn' t moved one bit and the peep does not rotate at all, and that was almost a year ago. That' s no string stretch in a year, great product in my opinion, but you know what opinions are like....

If you want, PM me and I' ll let you know where I got both cable & String for $76 to my door....
Old 02-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

I have had excellent results with the WC strings. I have not had any string movement since after the short break in period. That was close to a year ago and the string and cable still look good.

Look the string and cable up at www.thebowrack.com.

the set is $70. string $38, cable $32.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve got WC string & cables on both my Q2 and FX. I had
mine made up form BCY 8125. No stretch and the
cable serving has held up to the cable eating cam[>:]
on my Q2.....unlike the Zebra it came with, which
was trashed in less than a month!
Old 03-01-2003, 06:22 AM

I put Winner' s Choice on both my bows. The one on my 3D bow has been on for two seasons with no peep twist, noticable wear or stretch. Got to like them colors too. $74.95 for string and cable installed.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Winners Choice are the best
But Stone Mountain Strings dont fall too far behind IMO.
Anything Beats Zebra Twist!
Old 03-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Both of the Winners Choice strings that I have utilized exhibited next to no creep characteristics.
Old 03-02-2003, 03:55 AM

I have a q2 the zebra strings that came with it woreout in about 2 months. I put on a winners choice and have had it for about six months with out any sign of wear at all. Great great string.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:12 AM

I bought a Q2XL last year and got tired of constantly chasing my peep sight around the string as it stretched and stretched. . . . so, I bought a complete set of Winners Choice strings and cables. I have been moderately impressed. My set did in fact stretch after the initial 100 shot shoot in. In fact after about 500 arrows it stretched. Not a lot but some. Now, since that stretch where my peep rotated about 90 degrees, the creep has stopped and hasn' t moved in about 10 months.

I had people tell me to send them back but to tell you the truth the biggest asset is that the serving doesn' t get chewed up like the Zebra did. Besides the creep appears to be over now and life is good!!
Old 03-02-2003, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still have the Winners Choice strings that came on my BowTechs. They appear new, and peeps don' t rotate. My dual cam bows stay timed and in synch, also. They won' t disappoint you.

Quick Reply: Winners Choice Bow Strings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.