Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

removing arrow stickers?

Old 06-17-2008, 10:41 AM

Default RE: removing arrow stickers?

The only thing you can't take off is mattress pad tags.....
Old 06-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Come on Art dont hold back
C'mon, Russ. I was just agreeing with the guy!

I don't know why they'd put pink labels on hunting arrows anyway. It clashes so badly with those green and yellow vanes (he says in his best swishy, fashion designer impersonation voice [8D]).
Old 06-17-2008, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Come on Art dont hold back
C'mon, Russ. I was just agreeing with the guy!

I don't know why they'd put pink labels on hunting arrows anyway. It clashes so badly with those green and yellow vanes (he says in his best swishy, fashion designer impersonation voice [8D]).
i know man they so durn ugly
the little tag thing ruins the look completely
they should have made the arrows camo and just wrote there name in black like the easton fall stalker arrows
Old 06-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

That WD40 reeks. Don't ever put that stuff on your arrows, or anything else that you don't want to stink.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

That WD40 reeks. Don't ever put that stuff on your arrows, or anything else that you don't want to stink.
it loses it's smell after about a week. but I added scentkiller just to be sure
Old 06-27-2008, 11:41 AM

I use a damp sponge with a little bit of comet and it worked great, no scratches. Fingernail polish remover also works. I just did a dozen last night to make a custom look to my arrows
Old 06-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you take it off and then you get some different arrows and you take those markings off you could wind up using the wrong arrows. it doesn't hurt to leave it on.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I used Goo Gone Extreme. It's cheap and works quickly. Some people may advise against this because it may cause the carbon fiber to split/fray. Try it on one and if there is no problem, go for it. Just but it on a rag and rub for a few seconds. It's gone! To back this up, I took some pictures of my arrows, which are not frayed at all. They were Carbon Express Maxima 350 3D selects, which have a similar red logo. The Goo Gone Extreme did the trick. The only problem I had with the stuff was the smell, so I recommend that you do it outside. There will be no sticky residue. It may temporarily discolor them (slightly lighter), but that goes away after a month or so. You will notice that my arrows are completely black. Just don't miss. You will never find these until you get the lawn mower out. Haha!
This is the same thing I do to all my arrows. When I dip the arrows, I don't want anything on the arrows (including the manufacturers' label), I only want my cresting to be seen. The Goo Gone is perfect, I use the gel, and it comes off in seconds.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:55 PM

91% Iso Alcohal will take them right off don't use the 70% use 91%
Old 07-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll probably be removing the label on a few dozen here soon, as I ordered some new arrow wraps with Predator camo on them from Onestringer, and I don't want half the label sticking out past the wraps; it's aesthetically not pleasing to me.

Quick Reply: removing arrow stickers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.