Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Binary cam lean?

Old 06-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Binary cam lean?

ORIGINAL: brotherbdc

I called bowtech, received absolutly no help from them, cept the tech said that slight cam lean is normal.....ok? He blamed the serving wear on my serving job or the post setting was wrong,.....anyway seeing as how the problem dident start till I swapped modules from 29" to 29.5 I went back to the 29" modules and have shot several times since with no problems!!!! 29" is still comfotable for me to shoot and I only lost about 3 or 4 fps.
What ticks me off is the local dealers, (cept one who realy isent local) had no clue what the post settingsshould have been,The tech @ bowtech was a either a dummy or was having a bad day! I never had problems dealing with Bowtech/Diamond techs in the past, and probably wont in the future but he pi$$ed me off.
So in conclusion, I have found that the 29.5" modules for a 101st do not do well on MY bow, dont know why but who cares Im back in buisness. I just hope I never have to deal with that same guy @ bowtech...anyway good luck with yours MGH.
Thanks. The Tech I spoke with was originally thinking it was my post setting, until I told him what I had it set on, and that I had changed it around to no avail. I mentioned the possible limb twist, and he agreed that was probably the issue. However, I have 29.5" modules and 30" modules here that I'm going to swap in just for kicks to see if that changes anything seeing how it did change for you. Thanks for the idea.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same problem with my 2 mo. old Guardian...cable servinggetting cut rolling off the edge of the mod. E mailed Bowtech and all they said was take it back to my dealer who is 50 miles away[:@]Can someone PM me with the cust.service phone no. maybe it's a simple fix.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

I have the same problem with my 2 mo. old Guardian...cable servinggetting cut rolling off the edge of the mod. E mailed Bowtech and all they said was take it back to my dealer who is 50 miles away[:@]Can someone PM me with the cust.service phone no. maybe it's a simple fix.

That's exactly what mine looks like. PM sent with phone number.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 PM

I feel your pain guys. Its frustrating when a company puts out a product, but doesnt help you out when there is a problem. I shot BowTechs for the last few years, and their customer service dept, lacks to say the least. I did not like the binary cam lean I had either, and owned two Allegiences which it is only my opinion, but I still think its the best bow they have made to date. I took off my cams and sent them to a machinist and had them deburred and and round radiused as I felt they were too sharp out of the box, and coupled with the cam lean would eventually lead to popped servings on the cam servings. I never had an issue like you guys have, but maybe that solved it, I dont know. I know it sounds stupid for me to take 2 brand new bows and pull them apart to rework them so I feel better. I just sold them a month ago, and bought myself an Elite GT 500, I have not set it up yet or anything as it just arrived today, but I spent the last three hours inspecting it, and looking at everything, and from what I could tell, its the best constructed bow out of the box I have ever seen, and I have enough experience (20+yrs) in bowhunting. I dont want to change the thread on you guys, but I hope you all get it worked out. Best of luck this season.

Jason
Old 06-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jason Cuda

I feel your pain guys. Its frustrating when a company puts out a product, but doesnt help you out when there is a problem. I shot BowTechs for the last few years, and their customer service dept, lacks to say the least. I did not like the binary cam lean I had either, and owned two Allegiences which it is only my opinion, but I still think its the best bow they have made to date. I took off my cams and sent them to a machinist and had them deburred and and round radiused as I felt they were too sharp out of the box, and coupled with the cam lean would eventually lead to popped servings on the cam servings. I never had an issue like you guys have, but maybe that solved it, I dont know. I know it sounds stupid for me to take 2 brand new bows and pull them apart to rework them so I feel better. I just sold them a month ago, and bought myself an Elite GT 500, I have not set it up yet or anything as it just arrived today, but I spent the last three hours inspecting it, and looking at everything, and from what I could tell, its the best constructed bow out of the box I have ever seen, and I have enough experience (20+yrs) in bowhunting. I dont want to change the thread on you guys, but I hope you all get it worked out. Best of luck this season.

Jason
It seems (from what I've been reading here and on AT) that this is a fairly common issue. It's too early in my dealings to pass judgement. Hopefully Bowtech remedies this. I'm hoping to get to my dealer tomorrow, and see what he can do.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:12 PM

Matt, yes I have been reading about it at both places also, I am only a 28" draw, so maybe thats why I did not have any problems. It seems that the guys with the longer draws are having more problems. I hope it all works out for you, and they get you squared away. Best of luck.

Jason
Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 AM

Just for the record, Binary cams can have lean, I was on the range yesterday when a guy with a general showed up, after chit-chatin a while I asked if I could look at his bow, dident tell him what I was lookin for, his had a verry slight lean too from the bottom cam. just so happens to be a bowtech dealer on the way home. So i stopped to look at some more....a few did , a few dident. So, I still think I made the best decision, Bowtech is still MY favorite.
Now I am seeing a trend with serving wear with us who have longer draw lengths, mabey the module curve is to rough??? who knows?.... I do know that a few days and a couple hundred shots after switching mods, everything seems to be fine
Old 06-18-2008, 03:14 PM
bigcountry

I know for me, I won't buy a bow unless I can put a laser on its cams and see how much lean at rest and full draw.

I am kinda surprised you guys are taking them out of the shop with that much lean.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I know for me, I won't buy a bow unless I can put a laser on its cams and see how much lean at rest and full draw.

I am kinda surprised you guys are taking them out of the shop with that much lean.
I didn't buy mine in a shop (I suppose that was my fault).
Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 AM

Well frankley cam lean wasent something I was thinking about when buying a new bow off the shelf. However next time Im gonna check. Mine has no lean @ full draw, just a slight lean @ rest, matter of fact most wouldent have noticed anyway, Besides Im splittin arrows any way, my groups have been the best they have ever been and Im shootin broadheads like fieldpoints @ 60 yards....so I cant realy complain anymore. It all seems to be workin out now that I figured out what was wearing the cable serving.
In all honesty I havent had a bow that dident need some kinda kink worked out, and I have owned several different brands.

Quick Reply: Binary cam lean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.