Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Guys...And non-bowtech...cable stop issue

Old 06-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Guys...And non-bowtech...cable stop issue*UPDATED*

Alright, I've had a few requests to see how my cables are sitting at the roller guard. I went ahead and switched them to see if it made a difference, and the cable still sits in the draw stop channel crooked. Here is a picture of my bow how it sits right now. Remember, I JUST switched the order of the cables, so is this correct or incorrect?

I was still having the same issue when I had the green cable on the outside roller, so it didn't make a difference. I've also attached a picture of my top cam looking down at it when the bow is at rest. You can see how the cable is tracking offcenter from the cable stop.

I'm pretty much at a loss right now, so any help would be appreciated. I'm about to the point where I'm taking to a local shop, seeing if they can fix it, then just selling it (but I have to have the issue resolved first). Thanks guys.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

then just selling it

HUH??? Why?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

then just selling it

HUH??? Why?
It's frustrating me. I just want to shoot the thing, and once I have one issue resolved, another pops up. I haven't actually shot a bow, like actually went and sighted in, and shot at various distances since when we went to Catawissa in March[:@]

Edit...Ben, could you do me a HUGE favor? Could you check your cables and where they run in the roller guard wheels and see if my picture above is correct or incorrect? Thanks bud.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to pledge another guy's time to ya...but maybe its time to send a pm to our private shop? More than likely, you will still learn a ton by working it out with him? I hate to see a guy struggle and get down anything archery. If I had the know how, I would gladly have been there a week ago. Stick with it bud.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to pledge another guy's time to ya...but maybe its time to send a pm to our private shop? More than likely, you will still learn a ton by working it out with him? I hate to see a guy struggle and get down anything archery. If I had the know how, I would gladly have been there a week ago. Stick with it bud.
I was going to, I just don't see him post much lately, so I assumed he was busy, but I'll send him a pm.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

I was going to, I just don't see him post much lately, so I assumed he was busy, but I'll send him a pm.
I think that was Turkey season and just laying low in general.[8D]

Old 06-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Host of Hosts

MGH...I just looked at my 101 and it doesn't look any different than yours, except it's right handed. I think you may be worrying about nothing really.
Mine looks to come off at about the same angle as yours. My brown cable is on the inside roller and the green outside. Your looks opposite which makes sense on a left handed bow. Did you call Bowtech? They are very good at helping people work through their concerns. Maybe they can put your mind at ease. I used to nit pick every detail on my bows and found out that I was usually making a mountain from a mole hill.

Doug
Old 06-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got off the phone with tech support. After explaining my issue to him, he believes there's probably excessive twist in the limb. He told me to get in contact with my local dealer, and have him call it in. The problem here is I bought the bow used from a guy on AT. The guy sent the warranty card to me, but never had it filled out, so can I still fill that and utilize the factory warranty or no?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most companies won't even ask for a warranty card.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Most companies won't even ask for a warranty card.
Ok, thanks Matt.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Guys...And non-bowtech...cable stop issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.