Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

x force 6 timing need help

Old 05-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default x force 6 timing need help

i just put a set of B2 strings and cables on my x6 my timing marks are off more now than when i started,this is my first attempt to put on my own strings and cable on a hybrid cam system getting very confused,my top timing mark on cam is 1/8 before the string and the bootom cam the timing mark is 3/16 after=past the string.i could sure use some help........Ted
Old 05-24-2008, 11:28 AM

Default RE: x force 6 timing need help

It's all about twisting the cables and the string. Do you have the owner's manual? If not, you can generally download one from the manufacturer's website. Don't depend on the cams being properly timed with the old string. There should be an illustration in the manual that shows what the cams should look like when they are properly timed. There are also specs for Axle to Axle and Brace Height. This is all accomplished bycarefully twisting the corresponding cables to rotate the cams; and is generally best left to an experienced pro shop tuner unless you are particularly adept at this sort of thing.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

thanks roskoe
i can do it myself i got them on ok i will figure it out thanks.........Ted
Old 05-25-2008, 03:05 PM
bigcountry

First thing you should do is match the string and cable lengths with the ones you took off. Better yet, get the actual lengths from the mfg. I have yet to recieve a set of strings or cables which were within .25" of what they said they was under 100lbs of pressure. .25" too long, no sweat, just add twist. Too short and you got an issue.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Fork Horn

bc
i have not even had time to mess with it a whole lot i do need to mess around a little bit with it tomorrow the bot. cam is hitting just a little before the top one i want to get the timing right on it then i will put a couple twist in the string to get it to brace height then i will set my peep and tighten the loop down after i draw it back a few times then i will let it set for a while before tying everything in.............Ted
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 AM

I believe.....this is without looking at my X-Force......I believe that the Bottom Cam is Supposed to hit the Drawstop just a (Very Fine hair) before the Top cam I'll check later on mine and let you know!!