Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

paper tune pics, whatdya think?

Old 05-18-2008, 02:33 PM

Default RE: paper tune pics, whatdya think?

You could also lower the arrow rest a little. And, while you have a shaft with no fletching, you might shoot it at 20 yards and see where it hits relative to an identical fletched shaft. If it's angling into the target to the right of the fletched shaft, the spine is too weak.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the centershot LOOKS good,then you may have found the problem,if the centershot is off,then it is quite possibly a torque or spineissue now.

You should be able to adjust the rest vertically to fix the vertical tear.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:01 PM

If you are planning to hunt with it I would go ahead and screw on some blades and broad head tune it from there. If you are just going to shoot field points I wouldn't touch it, or move on to group tuning if you want to fiddle with it. A lot of people aim for a high left tear on purpose, and yours looks pretty consistent which is good. I would say you have it close enough to move on to the next step of tuning or leave it alone and work on shooting. It is tuned plenty well enough to be accurate with target tips.

Paul
Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, I got the tuning gurus helping me out, I really appreciate it guys. I'm gonna try and post some of the "new" paper pics(bare and fletched shaft after the rest was moved to the left). I just got home from work and its getting dark so shooting out to 20 tonite is not gonna happen. To me it still looks like I have a point high tear, I guess I should either drop the rest slightly or raise the nock point. Which would be the better solution?
Old 05-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

After moving rest 1/8" to the left

Old 05-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Old 05-19-2008, 08:04 PM

Assuming your arrow is right down the middle of the Berger hole in the sight window, I would generally prefer to raise the nocking point. Sometimes nocking points don't want to be raised, though, after a couple dozen shots - so you could either tie in a new one or lower the rest a little.

Once it tunes, go right into seeing where fixed BH's hit relative to field points. May wind up having to move it again.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Make sure you are doing it at different distances.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:37 PM

Yes - once you successfully get things reasonably "tuned"; carefully read T Fox's tutorial at the top of the Technical section "Don't Stop at Walk Back" - lots of great info in there about fine tuning the setup to your shooting style. Has helped me a bunch on several occasions.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: loogout1

I ended up moving the rest almost 1/8" to the left but have a good paper tear as far as left right goes. It still looks like it is a hair point high though. Is my only option to move the nock point up?
You could move the rest down a tad. That will accomplish the same thing as moving the nock point up.

Quick Reply: paper tune pics, whatdya think?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.