Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

for you wiz kids????

Old 05-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default for you wiz kids????

my 2 in predator vanes are extremely close to hittin one of my cables. im shootin a trophy rige drop zone with an after market arrow holder on the riser(not the one that comes with it)...my question is will a new or different cable slide pull my cables out of the way or are they all about the same????
Old 05-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Spike

Default RE: for you wiz kids????

I was able to get more clearance on my bowtech-- I dont remember what brand it was.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:24 PM
bigcountry

I have tried the trophy ridge and saunders and both moved the cables over significantly (compared to the crap bowtech slide) but remember cam lean could be an issue.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

bc are you refering to havin cam lean now or if i put another slide on it could cause cam lean?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:40 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MdDave

bc are you refering to havin cam lean now or if i put another slide on it could cause cam lean?
If you pull your cables over too much, it can cause cam lean on short ATA bows. You just need to have enough clearance for your vanes. Any more is a waste and can be bad.