Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Golden Key Shoot out arrow rest

Old 02-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default Golden Key Shoot out arrow rest

Curious what peoples thougths are on this rest. I am thinking of getting one for my legacy. The question I have is if I shoot a 6 degree helical fletching will I get fletcing contact with this rest? Any other pros or cons would be great. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:09 PM

Default RE: Golden Key Shoot out arrow rest

The Shoot Out is a containment rest that is a all around good hunting rest. A 6 degree helical might be a little too much but I have used a very hard offset with no problems when I tested this rest. I woudl say 4" fletching is about right out of this rest with carbon arrows and a good hard offset works great.

If you want to go with a really hard offset with carbon arrows you might want to look at a fall away.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help Orions-Bow. I have the golden key mirage right now, but it is a little noisy, the only thing I can hear on my legacy actually so I thought the shoot out rest looked like something I would try.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tested out the rest a while back. It is a well made solid piece of equipment. It offers good adjustments. I agree that 4" vanes are about as big as I would want to go with this rest. I use a moderate helical and was able to get clearance. The only negitive I have on the rest is that I tried it on 3 differnt bows. Two of which have horrible nock travel, the third my Darton Rampage has nice level nock travel. On the Rampage I could get bulllet holes at 3, 8 and 15 feet. With the other two bows I always had a nock high tear no matter what I did. The only thing I can conclude is to use the rest on a bow with good level nock travel.