Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New " Non-Pink" Crest

Old 02-27-2003, 06:46 AM

Default RE: New " Non-Pink" Crest

Fishon01,

photo shop retails for about $600, there are stripped down versions that retail for about $100, but I do not know there capabilities. You can get it at any software store on the net, just do a yahoo search.

Old 02-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Paint Shop Pro from jasc will do just about anything Photoshop will at around $70. I use Paint Shop Pro.

A 30 day demo can be downloaded at the jasc website, www.jasc.com
Old 02-27-2003, 08:33 AM

Template here to please: [email protected]
Old 02-27-2003, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also have Paint Shop Pro and it is a good program. Been using it for other things for a year or so now.

Old 02-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to get sheets of vinel bumper sticker paper from my local print shop for .25 cents per sheet thats it for the good news.
I desined up a mess of different wraps only to find that the dye dosent adhere to the bumper sticker material,I waited for them to dry and the only got worse looking with time and then after waiting for them to dry the ink still smudged all over, they looked like*^&#.
I am using a HP Deskjet printer (648c) is that the problem or is it the vinel?Do you need a laser printer to be successful at this?[:@]
Old 02-27-2003, 06:59 PM

Lady Forge

That sounds like the problem I had with my HP 960 inkjet. The stock I had was from a print shop, It was a butt from a large roll. I tried it on a laserjet at work with no sucess and had a print place try, but it smudged. Let me know if you find what works.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:29 PM

lady,

You know what they say about stupid questions but ....did you put the paper in the right way? if you put it in upside down and it prinks on the back the ink will do just what you said.

i use an inkjet and the ink is dry as soon as it is printed.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Couldn' t have been to stupid of a question Rack.....cuz I was thinking the same thing.

I was in a hurry one time printing some pictures and threw a sheet in backwars. What a mess!! That stuff never dried at all, there is still ink on my garbage can in my office.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rack; Usually putting it in backwards would be the norm for me ,I try to get all my mistakes out of the way in the beginning[]
But seriously ,I had it loaded in the printer the proper way . It printed on the bumper sticker top not the paper backing. The print shop also gave me some that are a paper sticker, now they print out great on the paper sticker material and i then tried to seal them with a thin coat of varnish to water proof them but it only caused the dye to run. Im gonna talk to the gentleman at the print shop and get some advice from him, and if nothing else works Ill give him my designs and have him do them for me , he is pretty inexpensive.