Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No Peep Question.

Old 02-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default No Peep Question.

I am planning on dumping my Peep and adding a No Peep to my Mathews ' FX.' It seems to be a logical progression.

I was wondering whether any of the Mathews ' FX' shooters on the forum have installed the No Peep and am interested in getting a copy of the Setup Instructions and any pertenant advise available. My questions stem from having the QT 4000 fallaway rest and the Archers Choice Grizzley Site . . . it just seems that the window might be a little short.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No Peep Question.

Don' t know about FX specifics, but you can mount the NP above or below your current sight depending on how you install the bracket. I' d suspect that if your sight window is large enough for your sight, the NP should work fine...
Old 02-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Spike

I had my no-peep installed on an MQ-32 with the same sight and had no problem. I mounted mine above the sight.[8D]
Old 02-24-2003, 12:20 PM

On the same subject does anyone have this installed with a Trophy Ridge vertical pin site? Also, do you have any problems seeing the peep rings when it' s raining or snowing? Thought I read somewhere where someone had this problem.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:10 PM

Yep, Nebraska, I' ve got a NP and a TR Nitro Extreme.

Yes, I' ve got some issues with the NP in the rain/snow, but all of those are quickly resolved with a quick wipe of my finger.

I' ve heard the new generation of NP has the front lens recessed into the housing to deal with rain/snow/sun...

Great combination IMHO.

Jim.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Nebraska Bow Hunter,
I had some problems with the No peep in the rain and snow. Hunting in the winter with freezing rain and snow pretty much made it unuseable. I really liked the no peep but since I' m primarily a hunter I couldnt have something like that let me down more than once. To the no peep' s credit I' m the only one on this forum that I' ve ever heard complain about it in the rain or snow.

Cargo
Old 02-27-2003, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some pepole like that no peep , I hated it . Would mutch rather use a hind sight . I think that setup with the hindsight and a vertical pin setup would be very nice for hunting . I would not concider a trophy ridge sight up front either , but their are plenty of other companies makeing vertical pin sights now .
Old 02-27-2003, 08:25 AM

I had some problems with the No peep in the rain and snow. Hunting in the winter with freezing rain and snow pretty much made it unuseable
I have,on more than one occasion had freezing rain make my regular peep unusable also.

Old 02-27-2003, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Me too and I live in the Pacific Northwest where bad weather in the mountains is not all that uncommon.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cant say too mutch about the no peep however I use the Yikes sight that works on the same principal as the no peep and I like it mutch better than a peep.

Quick Reply: No Peep Question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.