Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No Peep Question.

Old 03-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: No Peep Question.

Lady Forge,
You can mount the NoPeep above or below your pins, whichever you' d like. Once you are at full draw, and at your proper anchor point, the NoPeep will appear as a dot within a circle. At that point, ignore the NoPeep, and just put your pin on the target and shoot. If your not on your anchor point, or if you' re torquing the bow, or if something else is wrong, the dot and circle will not be lined up, just as if you weren' t looking through your peep properly. The NoPeep just aligns your eye to the sight pin, as the peep sight does. It' s advantage is that it' s just as accurate as a small peep, but has more light transmission than the largest peep. I hope this explaination helps, perhaps someone else can word it a little better.
Charlie
Old 03-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

Dick; What do you mean when you say" the recommended short distance" ?
I look forward to hearing the outcome of how it works for you on the longer shots etc.

My question is ( even after reading the discription on the no peep website I really dont understand how it works).
Do you align it to be on a vertical line with your sight pins ?
Like this.
You need to reset your sight pins but it is not hard . . . so you start so close to your target that you can' t miss; then adjust the sights according to the instructions.

Treebark has it right. I have a hard time remembering to bend my elbow slightly when shooting . . . the No Peep picked it up this error in form right away.

It' s worth it to my way of thinking.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:16 PM

I got my no peep today just started tinkering with it i found that i can' t put it behind the riser cause the cable rod is to high so i had to put it out in front above the sight.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!
Old 03-12-2003, 05:26 AM

I had a problem with mine moving no matter what i did. I even scored the mounting bracket front and back with a center punch, still moved. I figured it might have been because i was using mounting bolts that may not have been long enough to get enough of the threads in the riser. I spoke with the maintence tech where i work, he suggested getting longer bolts from Lowe' s and applying this adhesive, that he gave me. The adhesive is made by PAI, It is called Industrial Power-Grip Instant Adhesive. Part#87490. Since doing this i' ve had no problems. Just make sure you have the no-peep where you want it and DO NOT get any in the threads, It' s a real monster to get the bracket back off. Its almost like welding it on. Love the no-peep
Old 03-12-2003, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks
Old 03-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

I will add the Limsavers accessory to my No Peep tht will help. But I installed mine with string wax and in the past that has performed well.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

I used a no peep on an fx for quite a while a couple of years ago and it was one of the sweetest set ups I' ve ever had; it produced my first robinhood. I wish I had never sold it