Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech owners...supressor question.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech owners...supressor question.

So I've had my 101st for a little while now, but the first thing I noticed when I pulled it out of the box was that the string was not resting right in the pocker (or grove) of the supressor. Instead, when holding the bow out and looking at it from the back, it's hitting about 1/8"-3/16" off to the right on the supressor. My first thought was that it was normal...then I began thinking to myself that it certainly can't be. Are any of you guys experiencing this? Bowtechben and I both have the same bow, and he is experiencing the same thing, so I know I'm not the only one. I'm considering taking the stop off, and just putting a meanv on for several reasons. For one, I like how it's out of the way in comparison to the factory bowtech one. Has anyone replaced theirs with an aftermarket suppressor? Is there any need to?

If the string should indeed be sitting dead center in the supressor, how do I correct it? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech owners...supressor question.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ght=short+stop

give this a read.....

mine shoots great, but these guys had issues.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can move the stopper. Look were the stopper bar meets the camo bar there are two screws there you have to loosen those then you can move it. then look at the stopper holding thing there are also two screws there loosen those two and turn it so the string doesn't hit across the grove.. hope any pf this makes sense.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you're right-handed, the string should sit about a string's width to theleft of the center of the groove.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

So I've had my 101st for a little while now, but the first thing I noticed when I pulled it out of the box was that the string was not resting right in the pocker (or grove) of the supressor. Instead, when holding the bow out and looking at it from the back, it's hitting about 1/8"-3/16" off to the right on the supressor. My first thought was that it was normal...then I began thinking to myself that it certainly can't be. Are any of you guys experiencing this? Bowtechben and I both have the same bow, and he is experiencing the same thing, so I know I'm not the only one. I'm considering taking the stop off, and just putting a meanv on for several reasons. For one, I like how it's out of the way in comparison to the factory bowtech one. Has anyone replaced theirs with an aftermarket suppressor? Is there any need to?
I've got a Diamond Marquis - same Short Stop. Shot it 1500+ times with the Short Stop before I did an overhaul and removed that in the process. The MeanV is working out just fine (thanks again, Dan). I wrapped the string @ the point of contact, and had to get the MeanV 100% dead center or else at 70# it blows the rubber stopper off.
It took a bit of fiddling to get the ShortStop set perfectly, but once it was, I'd go 400 or so shots between rubber insert changes. For me, and my single cam Marquis, the ShortStop worked best when the string was EXACTLY centered. Sorry, but that "slightly off-center" bit just didn't work for me: could it be the difference between singlecam and binary? I really don't think so. I concluded that the real objective should be to NOT saw half of the rubber insert off, and so just adjust it based on what you see as far as the string hitting off-center.
If the string should indeed be sitting dead center in the supressor, how do I correct it? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Two set screws to loosen: one to change the arc of the swing, another to realign up-and-down.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just to clarify, only the Airbornes need to have the ShortStop slighly off-center; the rest should be dead in the middle.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg I'm shooting left handed. Looking at the stop from the back of the bow, the string is sitting slightly off to the right of dead center in the stopper. I haven't shot it yet as I'm still doing draw drills, but I was curious as to why it was. I've hear of more than a few people having issues with it, I just haven't researched enough about it to see what can be done. I noticed there was some adjustment in the stop itself, but hadn't tried playing with them. I'll give it a try and see.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

You can move the stopper. Look were the stopper bar meets the camo bar there are two screws there you have to loosen those then you can move it. then look at the stopper holding thing there are also two screws there loosen those two and turn it so the string doesn't hit across the grove.. hope any pf this makes sense.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bruce, If you have trouble with my stopper coming off a dab of automotive weatherstrip adhesive will do the trick.

Dan
Old 05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg, why is it just the airbornes? I am curious. I have already ordered a mean v cause I like them alot and it is out of the way more, but I am curious as to why they are supposed to be off center.\

what if you are left handed, should it be a string's width off to the left?

Quick Reply: Bowtech owners...supressor question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.