Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Walk Back Tuning

Old 05-07-2008, 03:05 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Walk Back Tuning

I don't like walk back tunign much, but will do it with a little change. I will walk back tune with broadheads. It works ok. And only 1/32" changes in the rest can make a major change out to 60 yards.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys don't like walk back tuning, what method do you prefer? You have to set centershot somehow, right?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:58 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

If you guys don't like walk back tuning, what method do you prefer? You have to set centershot somehow, right?
I prefer bareshaft, following that up with 50 yard broadhead tuning. And then checking on paper for the heck of it. I have yet not to see bullet holes in paper after going thru these procedures.

Walkback might work great for field point shooters, but not so great for BH's to hit same POI. Or BH's to fly good.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

I prefer bareshaft, following that up with 50 yard broadhead tuning. And then checking on paper for the heck of it. I have yet not to see bullet holes in paper after going thru these procedures.

Walkback might work great for field point shooters, but not so great for BH's to hit same POI. Or BH's to fly good.
Im the same. I bareshaft and paper tune.bare shaft to get the spine/head weight right, then paper tune to get the rest set. Some times do it in the other order. Either would work on its own, I just like double checking myself. If you got the rest, and arrow spine set through the paradox, it will be fine out to 50 plus. I have yet to see a bow shooting bullet holes not be tuned beyond any certain distance. Thats just how I do it. Like ive said, ive had guys bring bows to me that said, it shoots fine at 20, but out to 40 yards it goes to crap. When tuning these bows, i find them shooting fine. So i have the guys shoot it for me and watch. 99% of the time, they have a little hand torque that doesnt show up till they go back some.