Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

High country or Hoyt??

Old 01-20-2002, 01:25 PM

Default High country or Hoyt??

I want everybody with any HCA experience to let me know what you think of there bows particularly the Brute force. I want to know about accuracy potential, quality and anything else you might think is important. And then the other bow a Hoyt Magnatech, I want the same info. Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-2002, 02:37 PM

Default RE: High country or Hoyt??

I would go with the MagnaTec. Its a great bow at a great price. I owned the 2000 model which had the extended arrow shelf. It kida got on my nerves but the new magnatecs dont have it. Ive never shot a brute force before and dont know anyone who does. My vote goes for the MagnaTec. Preferably with xt2000 limbs and versacam.
Old 01-20-2002, 06:18 PM

here's the spec's on the Brute Force
xd cam 3.5# mass, weight 33" a/a, 7.5"brace height, 60# or 70# draw wt.adjustabe draw lenght [27-31] & let off, ibo 316fps amo 239fps
E-mail me for $ on one
it's a forgiving & smooth shooting bow for hunting in treestands & ground blind situations. for giveness is about 70%rating
no info on the hoyt. I here good things about them thou.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:18 PM

I have a HCA Ultra Force MX1 Split limb. It's 38.5" axle and 7.5" brace, looks just like a longer BF. I've been thinking about getting a Brute Force also, as a second bow. My UF shoots great, it's a fast, high quality bow. The Brute Force was Edersbow.com's best selling bow this year.
As for the Hoyt Heckotick...just kidding...there are a lot of fans here. It's a great looking bow, and reports are pretty good on it.
You really need to shoot both of them, and then you'll just know. One will feel better, and it's all personal.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is funny you should mention the Brute Force. It is one of the few High Country bows that I have had the opportunity to shoot.

I really liked the feel of the bow. It was very forgiving of shooting errors and yet was able to generate speed that was comparable to the Parker UL 31 but with a larger brace height.

The Magnatec is about an inch and a half longer and slightly heavier in overall weight. The XT2000 limbs available on the Magnatec, in my opinion, are of better construction and design than the ones on the High Country.....though you would probably have to "abuse" both bows in order to notice a difference.

I am fond of Hoyt's equipment right now but I think the Brute Force is an excellent choice as well.

Old 01-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2002, 12:18 PM

I shoot neither of those bows (mfgr), so my opinion should be unbiased.

If the choice was for me, I would go with the Hoyt.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:18 PM

What about the Carbon Force with hatchet cams? Kind of a retro choice, but those older bows where great. Anyone shot one?
Old 01-22-2002, 06:46 PM

I had two High Country Split Forces. Gave one too dad and selling the other,but liked them very much and they make a good bow. I just sent the one back for paint peeling on the limbs and got the bow back in three days with new limbs,bowstring,and harness for free.

Quick Reply: High country or Hoyt??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.