Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Starrflight FOB's or TURBO nocks.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:15 PM

Default Starrflight FOB's or TURBO nocks.

I'm thinking about buying either FOB's or Turbo Nocks. Or maybe a set of Both,and trying them out. I'm tired of fletching repairs, replacement, or Bloody Fletches. Has any one on this site used either of the two products?.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:31 AM

Default RE: Starrflight FOB's or TURBO nocks.

I tried the FOB's and went back to regular fletching almost immediately. I don't like the idea of the FOB and nock coming off on any sort off pass through. I also had a small clearance problem that I didn't feel like sorting out, since the setup is perfect with 2" Blazers. And, believe it or not, I like fletching arrows. Similar kind oftherapy that fly tying offers.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I tried the Turbo's a long time ago. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the two of those gizmos, I'd take the Turbo's. Not nearly the potential clearance issues and you can shoot them from standard rests and WB's, not just dropaways. They're okay but, like Roskoe, I still prefer standard fletching. Blazers or Razor feathers.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

I have shot both . I had the green Hunter Turbo Nocks and hated them . They touched my cheek and upon release would just tick it . I started to develop a flinch and gave them away for someone else to try . The FOBs can get to be expensive though ........when you start getting the Robin Hoods ! I plan to buy a dozen soon !
Old 04-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like those turbo nocks. I don't like the idea of having hard plastic for fletchings. I would try the FOB's, but I am not willing to spend money on that yet.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:05 PM

i havent tried the turbo nocks but i shoot fobs now and love them the only thing thats bad about them is that the groups i was shooting befor at 50 yards shrank and i broke three the first day so i ordered another dozen oh yea they come 13+1 clearence tester
Old 04-20-2008, 09:54 PM

I know I have to change from biscuit to drop away rests. I live on disability and retirement, so I don't have the luxury of buying several rests just to find the right one. If you have used the FOB, what brand of rest do you recommend?.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

you are going to need a good rest IE...Ripcord, dropzone, QAD, Limdriver
Old 04-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

I have good clearance shooting them off a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone and a DMI rest .

Old 04-21-2008, 11:23 AM

To Ed McDonald,
Sweet Pics. thanks. I will be making my order shortly to try them out for my self. thanks again.

Quick Reply: Starrflight FOB's or TURBO nocks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.