Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Starrflight FOB's or TURBO nocks.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:23 PM

Default RE: Starrflight FOB's or TURBO nocks.

ORIGINAL: Northwest75

I know I have to change from biscuit to drop away rests. I live on disability and retirement, so I don't have the luxury of buying several rests just to find the right one. If you have used the FOB, what brand of rest do you recommend?.
I have tested a lot of rests. You get what you pay for. The least expensive rest I would recommend is the AAE Lightning (about $50 bucks).
It has a built in arrow holder so going from a biscuit may be OK.

Most folks that are going from a biscuit, I recommend a Ripcord. Full containment and very reliable. About 80-90 bucks. Make sure you get the 2008 model if you buy one!

If you would like, I can provide a link to a site that has all my right ups and set up recommendations.

Always here to help.......I would be glad to go over anyones set up to make as sure as I can the FOBs will work.

Just need to know;

Bow/draw length?
Arrows?
Specific rest?
Do you use a sting loop?

Regards,

Old 04-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Hey Paul,
I'm using a pse BRUTE 30" draw at 65 Lbs. Right now I'm usinga Carolina Biscuit. I am using a string loop with my tru fire release. I a presently using 366 grain Radial X weave stl Hunter 200 shafts with field points. I will be upgrading the shaft to 300's. I am on a strict budget so i cant buy a lot of stuff just to try out. So I'm doing as much research as possible to make a educated purchase. I am a Honest person Paul, I have asked folks who own Archery shops in my area. Non of them are selling me on the Idea of Fob's. every one told me to stick with 4" vanes and Told me about the Noise the Fob's make. I have seen every video there is about FOB'S, so I know the Noise is going toward the Shooter. I know more about Fob's than the shops around my area. Another guy told me about twister Nocks, But I told him that I'm gonna try out FOB'S. Fortunately I've shoot off about a half dozen of vanes. so I'm gonna rip off the rest and put on Fob's. You'll see my Purchase at the first of the Month Paul. The local shop is trying to sell me on Trophy taker rests, I can't remember the other one. But as soon as I get the Info, I'll PM you Paul.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:59 PM

Keep my posted BEFORE you buy a rest. I would highly recommend setting up the rest yourself. Many of the shops to do not follow directions and set up every rest the same regardless of brand. I would be glad to help in anyway I can.

Most shops hate us (sight unseen). It took me two trips to the ATA show and hundreds of samples packs to dealer before I got smart. Most shops charge between 2-5 bucks to strip an fletch an arrow. At best they will make $0.50/arrow selling FOBs. Just they way it is. The shops that get it love the FOBs. They provide great customer service, the walk in traffic increases because of the FOB and they sell the heck out of fall away rests.

Next time you are at the shop, let them know it is because of the FOB you are spending your money on a rest.....They may get it or they may not. If not, I would get the rest off the Internet and set it up yourself or find a shop that appreciates your business.

The only other thing I see about your set up is your long draw.
please check for string pinch at full draw with the FOB (the string making contact with FOB). With your draw and use of a string loop, it should not be a problem, just a good thing to check. If you do see any pinch, all you have to do is spread out your string loop a bit until the pinch is gone. Then take a bit of serving to make up the difference so your nock still fits the way you like.

See post #19
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=655723&goto=newpost

I am ALWAYS here to help. That is my job.

Regards,

Old 04-28-2008, 01:52 PM

Paul,
thanks for the link. I don't have any FOB's, So I'm gonna look up the Dimensions of your FOB. and make a copy out of round stock wood and replicate it on my Nock. I'll check the Pitch. thanks again. Blessings
Old 04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck