Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rest Suggestion for Mathews LX

Old 02-21-2003, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rest Suggestion for Mathews LX

Can anyone suggest a good rest for the lx that is solid, dependable, and easy to adjust? I shoot a release so I like the tm style rests. I have a mathews rest on my q2xl, and this thing is built to last, but was thinking of trying something different on this bow. I have heard alot of things about fallaway rests, but would rather stick with something that I am use to. I really like the micro adjust rests, and am looking for something that will lock down solid on a mathews riser. Let me know. Thanks.

Bhunter32
Old 02-21-2003, 10:17 AM
CG

Default RE: Rest Suggestion for Mathews LX

Can' t help you.....I used to shoot a Bodoodle Pro-Lite and a Whisker Bisquit but I may never shoot another rest than the Trophy Taker!!! Best, most rugged rest I have shot.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:16 PM

a lot of great rests out there right now. The GKF Golden Premier is one of the best rests made as is your current Mathews rest. On my Icon I just switched to my Golden Premier and on my Q2XL I am using the Royal Hunter rest by GKF. Try several out & you will find one that matches your needs and wants.

Good Luck!
Old 02-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2003, 10:32 AM

I really recomend a Bodoodle Pro lite. Its very easy to adjust, really quiet, solid built, and it has prongs like the TM style rests, just thinner. If you dont like that, then i would also suggest a regular old Star hunter. We sell A LOT of those at the store and they' re becoming really popular on 3D pro tours as well as among hunters. There also easy to adjust.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Siskyou.
Muzzy are now making the ZE for the bows that have the roller guard.

BHunter.
You wont go wrong with either the Bodoodle Pro Lite or the new Muzzy ZE
Old 02-22-2003, 04:40 PM
Spike

I 2nd the the Bodoodle Pro-Lite, I' ve had the same rest for 4 years and can not find one that is earier to tune. Not saying I haven' t tried to replace it with almost every rest on the market, but always have to pull the tried and true Bodoodle back out of the tackle box. It is the only rest that I' ve found I can paper tune bullet holes at 2 feet all the way back to 50 yards. I find that the Mathews bows like the rest tension set very firm. And yes, the bodoodle works with carbon arrows.. I would suggest also getting the Mathews mounting bracket made just for the mathews riser....
Old 02-22-2003, 05:56 PM

The GKF Hunter Elite is the rest I' m trying this season.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:44 AM

I have new LX ordered. I highly recommend Trophy Taker and yet have had anyone not satisfiad that has tried one. Just had guy today say he set it up and after three shots he had perfect bullet hole everytime. I would be glad to send pictures of mine to show how easy they work. I shoot mine 3d, indoor and hunting.

Simple, easy and accurate.
Feel free to email me at [email protected] for pitures of type I recoommend and how east they are to set up.

I used one on my Legacy last year.

Quick Reply: Rest Suggestion for Mathews LX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.