Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Rest

Old 01-20-2002, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Rest

If my arrow groups & accuracy @ 20-30 yards are acceptable, would I see any improvement by switching to a Muzzy ZE rest? Would there be any advantages? I have a decent two prong style on now. I just shot w/ a guy that had one & he liked it pretty well. Thanks.

Phil.

Edited by - pdq 5oh on 01/20/2002 21:20:59
Old 01-20-2002, 11:36 AM

Default RE: Arrow Rest

Check out my post Muzzy ZE. A lot of guys tell their opinions and i havent heard much of a complaint about this rest yet. Im pretty sure that im gonna buy it. From what ive heard it has improved some peoples accuracy but nothing big. It mostly just keeps your shots from kicking and fishtailing. I would say it would help accuracy to a certain point.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

I use both conventional rests and drop-aways.I have not noticed any difference in accuracy between the two.
If you have a rest that is giving you fletching clearance problems,then the drop aways are a good choice.If your rest gives you good clearance I see no need to switch.

I did a small test of my own just to see what the outcome would be.
I used a GKF 3D Rover,Bodoodle Pro-lite,Britesite Pro Tuner,Trophy Taker (fallaway),ARC system (fallaway).
I set my bow up with each rest then powder tested the fletchings(made adjustments if needed) then shot for groups at 40 yds.
Guess what??? Each rest worked perfectly and I held groups of under 2" at 40yd with each rest.
Go figure!!!! Any rest properly tuned will shoot as well as any other.

Edited by - OHarcher on 01/20/2002 13:34:18
Old 01-20-2002, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ky, I read the thread you started. That's what got me started thinking. OH, thanks for the good info. It sounds as if I may as well stick w/ what I've got since it is working. The cost of the rest will but a doz & half arrows! As a beginner, I guess I'm shooting better than I expected I'd be at this point (though not like others I see @ the range) , so I'm looking for faster improvement. Possibly through better equipment. Thanks again.

Phil.