Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Taker Question

Old 02-20-2003, 02:56 PM

Default Trophy Taker Question

Has anyone tried to tie the cord to the cable slide instead of the cable itself? Is there any advantages to either? How do you customize a cable side to attach the cord to it?
Old 02-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Taker Question

I' d suggest contacting TT. I' ve e-mailed them with several
questions and they' ve answered each time promptly.

http://trophytaker.com/

Why do you want to attach it to the cable slide?
Old 02-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve have seen this in a few set-ups in Minnesota. They worked just fine. I didn' t even try on my Patriot because has very little movement of the cable slide.

Good Luck!!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:11 PM

Well I got my Trophy Taker the other day and attached it to the cable itself. It was very easy to do and it works great..
Old 02-24-2003, 08:16 PM

Its not recommended by trophy taker.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:36 PM

Always contact the company to make sure something will work ok. Most companies invest a great deal of time to get things working correctly and they will be more than happy to help you.

okbwhtr is an avid Trophy Taker user so I would trust his word on this one.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:52 PM

Maybe it' s not recommended by TT, but it is highly recommended by myself and several others that shoot them. It works great, and is very easy to install this way, plus it lets you make adjustments to the length of the cord much easier than serving to the cable.

I used a tiny screw with a toothed washer on each side of the cord. Just make a tiny pilot hole in the slide, and screw the screw in, sandwiching the cord between the two toothed washers. I would recommend doing a half circle with the cord so that it gets sandwiched twice, on the top and bottom.

You could pull my pickup with the cord, and it won' t move between the washers. And the screw never moves either. I' ve been using mine like this for over a year with zero problems. But if I want to change the length of the cord, no problem.

The other thing you can do and I have seen done is to drill a hole thru your slide and run the cord through it and knot it on the backside of the slide at the right length. This works as well.

You have to have the right slide to do either of these. My stock slide on my 2003 cybertec works great for running a screw right into the middle, so does the aftermarket Bomar slide. I' m sure there are others as well, and I see bowtech actually has a hole on the backside of their slide on the 2003' s just for this purpose.

The only reason I can think that TT doesn' t recommend it is you have to have clearance from your fletchings to the cord. If you go to the slide with the cord, you COULD have interference problems, depending on how much clearance you have to your cable. I have not had a problem with this, but a buddy of mine did on one of his bows. Going to the backside of the slide if you can do it would eliminate this problem as well.

Rod