Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

From Fingers to a Release!

Old 03-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: From Fingers to a Release!

I shoot off the string. Mathews ' FX' and True Fire both told ne that tuning problems have been noted using anything other than off the string. The relax to fire is contrary to what we have all learned about keeping your finger off the trigger and you may develop a missfire or two until it becomes second nature. In the end you will find it unbeliveably smooth. I have my trigger set very light and all I need to do now is think about release and it fires.

Now I need to get sighted in with my new No Peep. One day I' ll learn to live with my favorite philosophy " If it ain' t broke don' t fix it!" NAW!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:48 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: From Fingers to a Release!

I find this a very intresting post Buckalley because it seems exactly what I would post. Let me explain, I have been bowhunting since 69' and shoot a bow for hunting purposes only useing only a tab/fingers and shooting in an occasion 3-D shoot so I am not into shooting a bow on the competion level but only to hunt with. About 10 yrs ago I practiced with a release and on my first pull back it released the arrow as I was drawing back and I never picked one up again. However last week I got my new TRX bow and was considering expermenting with a release but I still have reservations about its use for hunting conditions as I hear so many horror stories asssiociated in the use of release. I know I am an ole die hard and there are some great replies as they all helped me also. The closeest archery shop is about 2 1/2 hrs away but I will be looking at some of those recommended. Thanks guys, Bobby