Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

FOC

Old 02-19-2003, 04:20 PM

Default FOC

What are some ways to raise your FOC? I am thinking about going with CE Terminator Blacks, 30" with a 125 tip. With 4" feathers it puts me about 12.1%
Would it be a good idea to go with 3" feathers to raise the foc? I would rather do vanes, but they put me around the 10% area.
Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks
Old 02-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: FOC

I don' t think you need to change anything.I have found for me on my test that 12% is optimum.10% would also be great so if you want to use vanes then I would say go for it.

It is reccomended for hunting to be between 10%-15% foc.Looks like you are on the money.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:11 PM

Thank you.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:56 PM

If i may add that yes easton recomends 9-12% foc my arrows 2314xx78ss 100grain tip and 5" feathers seems to land me about 7-8% foc the only time even notice anything in flight differnce is the thunderhead hits about 2" lowwer at 35 yards then the feild points. which makes sence as thunder head is longer and pushes foc futher forward.
thanks
Old 02-20-2003, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hello
the rule of thumb is you never want to be less than 9% forward of center
if you are using expandable broadheads you may get away with using short fletching.
but if you are using fixed blades, it is advisable to stay with 4" or 5" vanes or feathers.