Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NAP drop away on a Mathews Legacy

Old 02-19-2003, 04:04 PM

Default NAP drop away on a Mathews Legacy

I have a new Legacy by Mathews. It has the new roller style cable gaurd. I have a NAP drop away (4000) that I would like to use. The problem is that the rest is designed for the traditional round 3/8 cable guard. I would like to use this rest but need some help.

Any ideas on rigging something that might work. Maybe someone has tried this and has a solution.

Thanks

PS. I know I can get another rest that works the same but I had rather use the rest I have. Save some money, you know!!!!!

Old 02-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NAP drop away on a Mathews Legacy

Contact New Archery Products at www.newarchery.com they were very responsive and helpfut to me. I just don' t know whether they have worked on the roller guard or not. Muzzy is supposed to have one that works though . . . just more bucks ($ kind) out of your pocket.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Serve the pick up cable to the bus cable.
A friend of mine has instaled the NAP 4000 to hisLegacy and thats how he done it.
Old 02-21-2003, 01:40 PM

thxs. I will try to serve the metal cable to the bus cable. I am assuming you are reffering to the cable that moves up (towards the idler wheel) in the draw cycle. I can not serve it onto the other cable the move down because of the angle the cable attaches to the rest.