Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

will the temporarily work?

Old 04-04-2008, 02:58 PM

Default will the temporarily work?

i have an arrow that the nock slides off, and the one blazer is partly off, could i just super glue them in? or will effect the flight of the arrow?
Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM

Default RE: will the temporarily work?

I would be asking myself why the nock isn't tight anymore. Is it the nock or the arrow? Put a different nock in it and see if it's tight or not. If it's not you might have bad arrow and I would not risk shooting it.

If you have a vane missing or really messed up yes it can effect flight, but probably not too bad with field points. It will be noisy though.

If this arrow has these problems because of contact with another arrow I say trash it just be on the safe side.

Paul
Old 04-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would check the arrow for damage, and I dont see aproblem with glueing the fletching as long as you put on there correctly....If you can't find anything wrong with the arrow the nock may have the ridge worn off of it, If you super glue it you might not be able to get it back out but if you don't plan on changing the nock I would do it too!!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 03:10 PM

Its the nock i check the arrow carefully and there isnt any cracks or such around the rim of the arrow where the nock seats in, and i tried another nock that was used in an old arrow and it seated fine, but i would rather use the new nock and glue it in because the nock i used sat outside for a couple of months.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not 100% sure but I would MUCH rather shoot the nock that has been sitting outside for a couple months as it is plastic and will be fine!!

I would not glue the nock in, is there any chance you can get to a shop and buy a new nock if you dont wanna use the old one?

As far as the fletching it will more then likely shoot well enough to get by as long as your bow is tuned well! I can remember the days of starting off w/ no money and going through 3-d shoots with one fletch left on my arrow!! Shot well!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:56 PM

Sometimes you can get a nock to tighten up by wrapping a single layer of Saran Wrap around the stem and twisting it back in.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:19 AM

^ i will try that.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can do what Roskoe has said as long as the arrow is no damaged. I wouldn't superglue it in. If you do so you will have a heck of a time replacing it in the future.

As far as the fletching goes superglue will work just fine for repairs.