Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Explain this!

Old 04-03-2008, 07:09 AM

Default Explain this!

Can you guys explain how after shooting all fall last year and being dead on, my groups dropped nearly two inches from one day to the next. I had been shooting while teaching my two classes all fall. We had a cold snap and that day my accuracy was two inches off. Everything was the same. Same distance, shooting indoors ect. Could it have something to do with my fall away rest?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Explain this!

It could have something to do with your rest or your sight or something else. It is good to check the tightness of the screws that hold everything in place fairly often, unless you use loctite, but even then it doesn't hurt to check occasionally. In your case my first suspicion would be that something moved.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 AM

You may want to check your stings and cables. You may have a few strands inside the bundle starting to break. Or you may be having some serving slippage that could be causing that too.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:45 AM

How is the draw length and weight? Has it changed? If the draw weight is suddenly heavier, you have a string that has stretched and is about to fail. If that's not the case, something has come loose. Your sight is slipping little by little, your rest is moving, or not coming up all the way......MOST likely though, I would bet your nock point is slipping. Something has moved somewhere.....

Old 04-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you picked up the bow for the first time since fall, it could just be a minor change in form or anchor point. Before I started adjusting everything, I'd check the bow over as the guys above me suggest, and then just shoot a while, over a period of days.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 AM

thanks for the replys. I am shooting a Mathews Switchback XT, 30 inch draw, 70 pounds. Nothing changed from one day to the next. I check my bow before I teach any class. I'll see if the same thing happens this fall.