Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A problem with my cosmic!! Please help

Old 02-18-2003, 01:59 PM

Default A problem with my cosmic!! Please help

I just got in from shooting my bow. I have fallen in love with the cosmic but at ten yards, I just can' t get the arrow to go where I want it... I mean, the sight doesn' t adjust enough to get the arrow at bullzeye at 10. I really want it sighted in at 10-30 but if I have to then I' ll sight it in from 15 or 20 or so. I am shooting from a treestand and any oppinion will help...also I am shooting a Hoyt MT Sport reaching arrow speeds of 263 f.p.s. Thanks everyone!!
Old 02-18-2003, 02:58 PM

Default RE: A problem with my cosmic!! Please help

Hoytusa 10, I am not a tech guy, but lm going to go out on a limb here. At that speed your 20yd mark should be on at 10yds. You said you were shooting from a tree stand. You may be having some form issues. Depending how high you are, the 10yd shot may be pretty steep, making you devolop bad posture and throwing things off.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:50 PM

How far off is it ? It should not be much, maybe an inch or two max.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:19 PM

Sitter, it was just a quick shoot to see how my new setup works...i didn' t have the proper stance or ne thing basically. I believe because of that, that this is my problem. Thanks for your help too!!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:32 AM

Hoytusa10,
I have the cosmic on my bow now. I' m assuming that the pin won' t go any higher to put you on target at 10? If this is the case...take the allen screws off the metal casing that hold the plastic pin housing off. There are numerous screw holes down the line of it...just put it in the next higher one.

If it' s already in the highest one....check to see if the 2 allen head screws are above the pin housing tube or below. If it' s above, remove the pin housing from the mounting casing completely, flip the mounting casing so the hole for the pin housing tube is ABOVE the 2 allen head screws and try this. That' s as far up as it will go.
Hope this helps. If I didn' t make that clear you can email me and I' ll explain better send pics of mine along as well.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:00 PM

THANKS FOR THIS QUESTION CAUSE INOTICE THE SAME THING .... SO THERE IS A WAY TO " ZERO" THE COSMIC... THANKS GUYS