Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone used the " Hind sight" ?

Old 02-18-2003, 08:09 AM
voz
Fork Horn

Default Anyone used the " Hind sight" ?

I bought a new sight called the hind sight...it' s supposed to eliminate the need for a peep sight. If anyone' s tried this sight, I' d love some information. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:35 AM

Default RE: Anyone used the " Hind sight" ?

I tried it a couple of years ago. To me, the gap for centering your pin was a little large and I never got consistent groups. I thought it was a pain to set up. I had an extended bracket fabricated for mine to increase the sight radius, but that didn' t help that much. I would like to try the Timberline No-Peep instead. I am determined to eliminate the peep if possible.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had been toying with the ideal of removing my peep sight after hunting season so thats just what i did Jan 1. I looked into trying one of the alignment devices like the hindsight and the no-peep but figured i' d try it for a while without one. To my surprize after a couple of months of practice i found that i can shoot just as good without a peep sight as i could with one. I anchor in the corner of my mouth and look to the right of the string at my pin and my accuracy and groups are very consistent and this form is beginning to feel natural to me now. I' m gonna continue to practice and see what happens. I' m not as young as i use to be and can' t see as good either so hopefully removing the peep will help with those late afternoon shots. I' ve always wanted to get rid of my peep sight and now i' m glad i did because i don' t miss it at all and i even picked up a few more fps. God Bless!
Old 02-18-2003, 03:10 PM

When I first began shooting about 15 yrs ago I didn' t use a peep and didn' t for years. In 2000 on a super cold day I put an arrow into the biggest buck I' ve ever seen in the woods. I had on a thick face mask because of the cold temp. The face mask caused my eye alignment to be altered (which I didn' t think about at the time)and I put a bad hit on the deer and never found him. Since then I' ve put on the peep to make sure my eye(basically my rear sight) aligns with my front sight. My shooting during the various shots you must make out of a deer stand has improved tremendously. When just shooting at a target I did well without the peep but during hunting I think they are invaluable.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:20 PM

The situation described in the above post explains to a " T"
why I use a No-Peep. It saved my bacon this year on a
good buck because I was out of my usual position when
I drew. The draw felt good, but the NoPeep told me I was
not at anchor. I adjusted to true the NoPeep and released.
Perfect shot. If I had released on the original draw I would
have had an unhappy experience.

I too can stand all day in my back yard and hit the spot without
a peep. It' s the hunting situation that makes the NoPeep worth
many times what it costs. I tried the HindSight first and it worked
too, but I much prefer the NoPeep. I have started working with
a Red Dot sight on one bow and it is looking like it may be the
best sighting set up I have ever used. Has the NoPeep effect
built into it, but without having to have two items mounted on your
bow.

best, dxr
Old 02-18-2003, 09:30 PM

I was looking at some pictures of the No-Peep and was wondering if it gets in the way of your pins? Especially on a sight such as the Trophy Ridge with inline pins.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:02 PM

Yep Nebraska, I' ve got a Trophy Ridge Nitro Extreme (with glow sticks) and a No-Peep on my bow. The combination works great! I' m even trying to figure out how I can use the glow stick to light up not only my pins on the TR, but also provide light to the No-Peep....

I' ve got the NP set up so that it falls just below the TR

Jim.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

I tried the hindsite , for me i couldn' t get used to it.
I have the timberline nopeep on one of my bows, and really like it.
I also have a pollington prodot on my blackeagle , that works awesome!
Best thing to do, is try to check out other sighting systems before buying.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:22 AM

I can' t stand peeps for hunting and I know that anchoring can be inconsistant with faces masks and such, so that is why I tried the no-peep. I hunted with one for a couple years now, and I love it. It' s the best of both worlds. Nothing in the way of your field of view, yet you still have a reference point that says your grip and anchor are in-line. You can also adjust your sight or rest and not worry about having to re-adjust your no-peep. Once it' s adjusted, you never have to touch it unless you are going to try a new anchor.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tried the hindsight and did like it--it actually glows!I had some trouble with the size of the hole when sighting(hole was too big to get really good and consistent accuracy).This year i will be using the no-peep--I already bought it but haven' t got out to shoot with it yet.The hindsight will do it' s job but i think you will have a hard time with some of the longer shots(anything past 20 yards)but that' s only my opinion.