Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Flipping a Sight from RH to LH...good/bad?

Old 03-31-2008, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Flipping a Sight from RH to LH...good/bad?

So, I'm making the switch to LH, and I'm contemplating what I'm going to do about a sight. I currently have a RH CJ Comp (dovetail), and I really do like this sight, and to save some money, I could just flip the sight 180degrees and use it as a left hand sight. The bubble level would now sit on top of the sight housing, and all of my knobs/scales would be reversed, but it WOULD work, correct? Is this just cheap-o way of doing things and should I just get a new $150 sight (would love to save that money if at all possible), or is this fine. I hear mention of people doing this on sights over on AT, so I know it's done, but not whether or not it's recommended. The big thing, is I like my sight, I would rather not pay the $150-$175 for a new one, but if it's really the best thing to do I suppose I'll just suck it up and do it. So...thoughts?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Flipping a Sight from RH to LH...good/bad?

Matt I see nothing wrong with "flipping the sight" I do it all the time for my wife I am right handed she is lefty as long as you can see the pin and it still works there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:20 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Flip it! My cousin is left handed and I have given him two sites, both of which he flipped and used. No problems with either a Montana Black Gold and Spot Hogg.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's just an aiming point, if it works...2 problems may be the level getting in the way of the target and the knob is now at the bottom and may fall out without you knowing it. I have the same site, my bubbles gone.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 PM

I fliped over my sight to make it left handed. With no problem at all.With the level I just took my knife and pryed it off and glued it on to the bottom.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I'm going to give it a shot once the bow gets here. If it becomes an issue with the level being up top, and the adjustments becoming too awkward, I can always sell it.