Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

Old 04-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

I thought I saw you mention you had small ahnds. If tat's the case you wil like the Carter Chocolate Lite better than the Chocolate Addiction. You can set them up basically zero triggr travel and as light or heavy as you want them.

Yes, they are pricey but they are great releases.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

All the Carters are high,but they are tops imo.

Tru BAll makes some great stuff as well but I haven't found one yet that I like as well.

You can go true bt for about $60 and have a good one,not top of the line but good.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:30 AM
Typical Buck

I would say that before you plunk down the $$$ for a brand new release, you troll "that other site's" classified section and see if you can find a good used one.

A release, especially a Carter, will last darn near forever. A used one with some cosmetic scratches has no effect on the way the release works and will save you probably close to $50 over the cost of a new one.

I have found that trying to find a release that works for you is often times trying to find the right woman. The one you have been lusting after may not end up being the one that works best for you. I have gone through a significant number of releases looking for the one that works best for me, for a thumb trigger, the Carter Insatiable is it. For a pure BT, my Zenith Comfort 3D Plus fits the bill.