Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot DC Numbers

Old 02-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Spike

Default Patriot DC Numbers

HI everyone,
I finally got my Patriot DC the other day! It' s a great shooting bow. I don' t have access to a chrono just yet and was wondering if anyone could tell me the numbers I should expect.
28in. Draw
70lbs.
easton epic at approx. 385gr. total weight.
I have nothing on the string but a string loop and the factory string silencers.

also, how many of you have taken off the string silencers that come with the bow and replaced them with string leeches or something else? Is this a wise thing to do? how many fps would I pick up from doing this? Also, have you replaced the vibra blocks with limbsavers? Did you take off the vibrablocks, or leave them on along with the limb savers? Thanks guys for all your input!

Old 02-17-2003, 03:37 PM

Default RE: Patriot DC Numbers

rosko2,

Good luck with your DC Pat!!

I kept the vibra blocks on, slid them into the riser, and then added limbsavers.
Can never have to much goey rubber stuff

I will guess that your speed will be somewhere in the mid to 290' s.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rosko,
I ran a few thru the chrono and might be able to help........
Mine at 30" and 70# shot a 375gr arrow at 319fps. That' s with a string loop and Leeches only.
So for you with 2" less draw and a 10gr heavier arrow than my set-up,I would expect you to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 295fps+/-
Also, don' t just assume that your bow is 70# because its a 70# model.........I had to turn mine out almost 3/4 of a turn to bring it down to 70#.

As for your other questions......I scrapped the Hush Puppies the day I got the bow. They aren' t BAD, but to my ears the leeches are better, and they are also lighter.....
Place them close to the cam ends of the string and you' ll lose less speed.
As for the Vibrablocks.......I always slide mine down tight to the limb pockets, and then install a set of limbsavers as usual. The vibrablocks to me feel heavier so I just move them down where they can' t affect speed, and put the lighter limbsavers on. I meant to do a speed comparison with the Vibrablocks at the ends vs. the Limbsavers and also the SIMS Leeches vs. the Hush Kit silencers and just plain forgot.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:34 PM

Matt, if I recall correctly, I gained 5 fps with leeches over the Hush Kit silencers. I gained another 5 fps without any string silencers at all. The hushies weighed 24 grains per piece.

rosko, best of luck with your new bow !
Old 02-17-2003, 06:16 PM

Rosko2,

My DC Pat shot 383 grain ACC 3-49s 298 fps. 28" mods. String loop, peep, and hush kit. That should give you an idea of what to expect.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Spike

OK!! Thanks guys for all your input!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-19-2003, 08:28 AM

Munruly,

I probably should have mentioned the limbs were maxed and actually measured 71.5#. Having said that, I shot a lot of different arrow weights when I first got the bow.

491 grain arrow with the bow set up similar to above post = 268 fps. With that bow turned down to 60#, I got 245. My ' 03 BK Pro got 255 fps with that arrow, limbs maxed at 61.5#.

There is something wrong with the numbers you are getting. My DC Pat @ 60# with 526 grain arrow was getting 236 fps.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-20-2003, 06:31 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Patriot DC Numbers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.