Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

tuning problem

Old 02-16-2003, 09:33 PM
pup

Default tuning problem

ok here is my problem my hoyt razortec is shooting good for me but in order for it to hit where i was aiming i had to move the pin way left so the pin isnt barried it is way left of center the guy i talked to at a pro shot said this shouldent be.. he said if that is the case i must have a torking problem which i dont.. so i was wondering what else could cause this? i am shooting a hoyt razortec hha optimizer sight. trophy taker shakey hunter rest gold tip 55 75s shooting 55 pounds at a 27 1/2 in draw with a string loop. do any of you have any suggestions? does it really matter that the pin isnt barried.. by barried i mean if i line the sring up with the tip of the arrow my pin is way to the left... thanks..
Old 02-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tuning problem

Pup.

How are you hold the bow.
Do you have a relaxed grip with your knuckles at 45 degrees away from the riser?
Old 02-16-2003, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might be getting too much of your face against the string which would cause it to shoot to the left further than normal for a right handed shooter. Try changing your anchor so just the tip of your nose lightly touches the string at full draw.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:14 AM

i would go with bow-fantic, i shoot right handed and look on the right side of the string, with a knot touching my nose. if you shooting a peep the y do make some that mount on the side.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried adjusting your rest to the right?
Old 02-17-2003, 08:23 AM

It is one of these:

You are applying torque to the riser

As Bowfanatic said you are pressing to hard into your face

Your aiming eye is too far left of string

your rest is too far left

your spine is stiff (and it might be)

you are canting the bow when you shoot.

you are getting some major fletch contact

Are the arrows flyimg well?
Old 02-17-2003, 09:27 AM

I' m no expert, but it seems the only thing not mentioned was that your center shot could be off. I had similiar tuning issues with my Magnatec, fairly decent shooting but arrows with poor attitude at the target. I could not meet the tuning rules and make it shoot well, especially the rule of lining up the string, pin and arrow. I took it to three shops before the third caught it. There are two kinds of tools to check this, make sure they use both. I had to send it back to Hoyt and they replaced the risers for free, it shoots great now.

Hope this helps
Old 02-17-2003, 10:19 AM

try a 35/55 goldtip more than likely your to stiff on spine. I' m shooting a 28" 35/55 at 60# with a 29" draw and 100 grain point and tuned out perfect.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:22 PM
pup

i have a relaxed grip. i am shooting a thumb style release my anchor is nuckles on my cheeck bone and sting on the tip of my nose. i tried shooting the 3555s they shot the same i am using a peep. i might be getting fletching contact but the arrows are grouping good. thanks for the help so fare.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Pup, i am shooting a 35/55 goldtip with 85 grn.point, 4" feathers 27" long, out of my razortec, they shoot great.
That is at 58# , 27.5 draw. without a loop.

Quick Reply: tuning problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.