Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching Blazers

Old 03-24-2008, 08:08 PM

Default Fletching Blazers

Im shooting Easton ST Axis N-Fused arrows with Blazer Vanes. I started out with a dozen but I have shot of some of the vanes of some of my arrows and I need to start re-fletching them. I am somewhat new to archery and I was curious if I should get a fletching jig to help do the fletching. If so which one? The arrows are super slim and the blazers are of course short. Should I put helical on the vanes or do whatever the jig is setup to do?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletching Blazers

I use a bitzenburger jig, pretty happy with it. Can't even imagine not having my own fletching jig now...

Boehning (the maker of Blazer vanes) recommends using an offset or a helical when fletching blazers.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought my first fletching jig this past Sunday. I went round and round trying to figure which jig would be best. This is about the only subject on any archery forum where 90 percent of the members are in agreement, the Bitzenburger is the way to go. I bought the straight clamp to use with blazers and I just give a little offset to the vane.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Drubie.. Listen to the guys above me buy theBlitz..I tried to go the bargain route with the Arizona EZ fletch. It was ok on regular vanes. But special vanes like Blazers are notoriously hard to get to adhere with an inferior jig. I struggled with the EZ and bought a Blitz and it's a piece of pie.

I use a hard right helical even on the short blazers it really helps stabilize broadhead flight.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Go with the Bitzenburger jig. Just a helpful tip: Before you start fletching, put some bowstring wax on the jig to prevent glue build-up, and it keeps the Blazers from sticking to the jig.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:14 PM

X5. Get the one with the right helical clamp. This will improve things, as the factory fletching found on the Axis arrows doesn't have much offset. This will help stabilize broadheads.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

GET THE BITZ