Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech infinty cam??

Old 02-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech infinty cam??

I' m currently narrowing down my choices for a new bow and now that the 2003' s are out I' ve got it down to three of them.
Diamond Hornet
Diamond Machete
or Bowtech blackhawk which happens to sport the " infinity cam" I' m wondering if this cam offers adjustability without draw modules. And any other information one would care to share about it -draw cycle, cable/string wear etc.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech infinty cam??

Dave.
The infinity cam is adjusted by draw modules but you can adjust the let off by moving the stop peg.

I have not heard about string and cable wear as yet BT are using the the new 02 string and cables.

The draw is smooth as with all the Infinity cams.

Hope this helps
Old 02-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it helps some, is there any adjustability within each module. Or does it have to be on the money.
I don' t know why modules are what the manufacturers go with. My two current bows have at least an inch of adjustability on each solo cam. The reflex can be adjusted without a press, this helps greatly with fine tuning and resale.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:22 AM

Dave,
The reason that bow companies make bows with modules is to make any bow able to fit just about any person. This way a pro shop does not have to order a certain size, just change a module and they are ready to shoot.
Yes, there is room to adjust the draw length once the module has been installed.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:05 PM

Yes dave, the Infinity has about an inch adjustment with the drawstop pegs. They alter your letoff as well. So a 28" @ 65% is really about 27.75" and a 28" @ 80% is really about 28.25" ...all the same Mod....does that make sense??? You do have adjustability and the ability to tweak your length though.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Tru-shot, that' s what I was wanting to know.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you adjust the draw length you adjust the letoff at the same time , the shorter you go the less letoff the longer the more letoff they cannot be adjusted sepratley except for modules and short stringing exc .
Old 03-05-2003, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the help. I just ordered the Blackhawk on Monday and am wandering about this infinity cam letoff adjustabilty thing. From the previous post I semi-understand that the shorter the draw the less letoff, the longer the draw the more letoff.

SO, if I shoot exactly 29" and I ordered a bow with a 29" module, where does this put the letoff????
If the letoff allenbolt peg is exactly in the middle, would that make the bow have a 72.5% letoff? (halfway between 65 and 80)

Seems to me a bit of a stretch to name this came " infinty" when you have to rob Peter to pay Paul.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try to e-mail or pm bowtechshooter and he will have the answers you are looking for .