Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Turbo Nocks????

Old 02-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Spike

Default Turbo Nocks????

i just went to the harrisburg show this past week and picked up some turbo nocks. looks like a good concept but wondering how they actually work. does anyone know anything about them??? thanks.

kevin
Old 02-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Turbo Nocks????

kjclark7,
I' ve been following Nick Snook, the inventor of Turbo Nocks, on the forums ever since he first introduced the concept several years ago. They are just really hitting the market, but many already swear by them. I haven' t tried them myself, because I' m very pleased with my current setup. A gentleman from other forums, Grandpawrichard, just shot a 300 Vegas round with them. Kinda wish I' d of picked up a six pack in Harrisburg myself. Something to tinker with this summer. Shoot over to the PSE forums and do a search. Several users over there. Look up GPR, he' ll be able to tell you more.
Trebark
Old 02-18-2003, 09:56 AM

Anybody have a link to a website to see ' em?
Old 02-18-2003, 11:22 AM

I also picked up some turbonocks at the show. They shoot perfect up to 30 yds. My only question is when paper tuning them I get a low right tear. I get perfect bullet holes on my fletched arrows and I wonder what will happen with a broadhead on it.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

comndr45,
http://www.turbonock.com/
Trebark
Old 02-18-2003, 01:39 PM

Thanks, Trebark.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks interesting.

I might have to give them a try after I get my fall away
Old 02-19-2003, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

So I guess you use these in place of normal fletching? Can you then shorten your arrow to save weight and end up with the same overall finished length? What do these things weigh? Are there any FOC concerns with them?

Has anyone played with them yet? How' d they shoot? Were they noisey?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:57 AM

I tested the original Turbo over a year ago (the smaller version) and did not like the way they flew with Fixed heads. The larger hunter version looks better and I am thinking of giving them a try.

But 20 bucks a dozen[][:' (][:' (] Would hate to break a few.

I would be interested in just the twisted nock, without the vains, so you could still use feathers. It would give the initial twist, yet have the forgiveness of feathers.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rack, make sure and give us a full report if you give them a go... Interesting concept...

Quick Reply: Turbo Nocks????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.