Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Turbo Nocks????

Old 02-19-2003, 02:09 PM

Default RE: Turbo Nocks????

will do!
Old 02-20-2003, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn' t realize that the hunter turbo-nocks are 50 grains. I bet that might throw the FOC off a bit on a light arrow setup. I may give them a try however, currently, I shoot a four vane setup, so with removing the vanes, and the nock, I will only be adding about 15 grains to the end of the arrow, also, I will be able to remove a bit of the shaft, so the weight part of it should all work out OK.

If I remember correctly, I believe that 5-shot tried them out last year and liked them. Does anyone remember that?
Old 02-20-2003, 09:13 AM

I wonder what happens when the Turbonock hits skin and bone; will it go through like vanes or pop off???
Old 02-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good question. Frankly, their website leaves a lot to the imagination...

A ton of info on the PSE forum related to these things... Click the turbo nock link above, then the pse link which takes you to their search function, type in turbo nock, all the reading you could possibly want...
Old 02-20-2003, 10:04 AM

50 grns - forget it - I didn' t see that[:' (]

One of my original concerns about hunting with the turbos that I stated before and just recently on another thread was about getting complete passthrus with those hard nocks on the end. Some people stated that the nocks pop off when they hit the hide, others stated they didn' t care if the arrow went all the way through.
It still is a mojor concern for me as I like to pull my arrow from the ground on a good shot.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

At first glance, I thought that 50 grains was a lot, especially where it is located. But after looking at it closer, I will be eliminating four vanes and a nock, and adding the turbo. So really I am only putting on an additional 15 grains or so. But, I will also cut my shaft down a bit which will also offset arrow weight. So really, it may change the FOC slightly, but the actual arrow weight really won' t change that much. Or enough to wory about. I also shoot with about a 14% FOC, so that may change to about 12.5 or so. I' ll have to check it after I get the nocks in.

It is also a concern to me about the passthrough aspect. I shoot a four bladed magnus which is 1 1/4 by 1 1/2. So the cut up front may be big enough to pull the shaft through. I am hoping that the turbos don' t come off when they come in contact with the hide. I guess the only way to see is by some people trying them out. I use 33" arrows, so even if the arrow stops at the nock, it will OK for testing. But if I find I am not getting passthroughs because of them, I would stop using them.

Heck I havn' t even gotten mine yet, so I can' t even say that they fly straight. But if they actually spin the way they are advertised, I' ll be happy.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

From what I' ve read on other threads the Turbo' s are supposed to stop at the entrance site and slide off as the arrow passes through. Guess time will tell.
50 grains on the tail end of the shaft is a bunch for me. My G-nock and feathers only weigh about 17 grains. Heck, the whole arrow only weighs 321gr.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont know about the turbo nocks but I have been doing some testing on the magnocks and so far they are turning out to be good.
I weighed one last night and it came in at 11 grains compared to the lock nocks that come with Gold Tips they are 17 grains.

I will post a full report when I have finished my tests
Old 02-20-2003, 04:23 PM

I shot a doe at 37 yards last season with a turbonock-equipped arrow tipped with a 125 grain steelhead. The arrow made a complete pass-through with a great entrance wound. I was shooting with the original DeadX which has a smaller vane than the " Hunter" model. The " Hunter" came out after I had packed it in for the year so I didn' t get to kill anything with them. I' m assuming that they will pop off upon encountering hide, but I' ll have to wait until next year to find out. They might punch through since they carry quite a bit of momentum given their 54.5 grain weight. One thing is for sure, they fly as advertised.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

mfrey, how was your tuning with the dead x and steelheads? Where the steelheads the 1" wide cut? How' d this combo fly?

Quick Reply: Turbo Nocks????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.