Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NAP 360 Review

Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NAP 360 Review

My buddy just put one on his Tribute... Can't even hear him draw it.
He loves it so far...

Old 03-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted with one of these for the first two weekends of the 06' season. I had the new style like the one pictured above as well. After the second weekend I tore it off and replaced with a biscuit.

The plastic rest thingie broke on me after a few hundred shots through the bow, this happened on the first weekend of the season. I had to install the replacement plastic post and check the sights by way of car headlights at night before the next morningshunt. The second weekend of season after replacing this plastic thing, I had one of the largest does I've ever seen run into one of my shooting lanes and stop at 20 yards (bumped by a neighbor). I grabbed for the bow off the bow hanger and didn't realize it in the rush but must have bumped a limb with my arrow knocking it off the rest and down into the metal bracket part of the rest. I didn't realize this happened and hit full draw and somehow luckily completely missed her at only 20 yards, only reason I know it happened is because 2x of the fletchings came off the arrow and I could see the marks on the moleskin I put there from where the arrow passed across. The lack of total containment fell short for me here and I just couldn't see the benefits.

This is why I still to this day only use the biscuit for hunting. With everyones unproven theories about why the biscuit shouldn't shoot well, I've never seen any difference in my shooting from a biscuit to any other rest I've used for hunting. It's simple, cheap, and effective. Just MHO.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I hunted with one of these for the first two weekends of the 06' season. I had the new style like the one pictured above as well. After the second weekend I tore it off and replaced with a biscuit.

The plastic rest thingie broke on me after a few hundred shots through the bow, this happened on the first weekend of the season. I had to install the replacement plastic post and check the sights by way of car headlights at night before the next morningshunt. The second weekend of season after replacing this plastic thing, I had one of the largest does I've ever seen run into one of my shooting lanes and stop at 20 yards (bumped by a neighbor). I grabbed for the bow off the bow hanger and didn't realize it in the rush but must have bumped a limb with my arrow knocking it off the rest and down into the metal bracket part of the rest. I didn't realize this happened and hit full draw and somehow luckily completely missed her at only 20 yards, only reason I know it happened is because 2x of the fletchings came off the arrow and I could see the marks on the moleskin I put there from where the arrow passed across. The lack of total containment fell short for me here and I just couldn't see the benefits.

This is why I still to this day only use the biscuit for hunting. With everyones unproven theories about why the biscuit shouldn't shoot well, I've never seen any difference in my shooting from a biscuit to any other rest I've used for hunting. It's simple, cheap, and effective. Just MHO.
After shooting 60 arrows tonight it's off and in the box to return, it's not very consistant[:@]

I beat the hell out of my fletching tonight. For some reason my arrows seem to be spinning by the time they reach the rest[&:]
Old 03-21-2008, 02:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

After shooting 60 arrows tonight it's off and in the box to return, it's not very consistant[:@]

I beat the hell out of my fletching tonight. For some reason my arrows seem to be spinning by the time they reach the rest[&:]
LOL I'm sure somebody around here's killed at least 16 deer with one and never had a problem.

Lot of junk out there. Does the place you bought it from take them back after you've installed them or do you have to send it to the manufacture?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

So when are you going to just bite the bullet and put on a biscuit? [8D]
Old 03-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: nodog

LOL I'm sure somebody around here's killed at least 16 deer with one and never had a problem.

Lot of junk out there. Does the place you bought it from take them back after you've installed them or do you have to send it to the manufacture?
If I went to straight fletch with no offset I bet it would work. I could kill a deer with it and a Montec Nowa thunder head, no way[8D]

NoDog I only buy my stuff from Cableas or Lancaster, they take returns without issue.

Rick

I am damn close[8D], I already broke down and bought a Limb Driver this morning. I even clicked on WB to bring up the order page[&:][8D]. When you here a big thud today, it's me buying a WB
Old 03-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you finally come to your senses, make sure you get the Deluxe version. It has similar elevation and windage adjustment as compared to the 360 and makes setting it up much easier than the traditional one. [8D]
Old 03-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't know lancaster did it that way. Makes me like the place even more.

Love to here what you think of the driver. About the only thing I've bought that I think a hunter actually had total control over is the tree stand umbrela.

Talk to another guy the other day about drops and the problems with them, we were on the same page with them. He said the Montana black and gold had none of the problems we talked about. Like to try one some day.

I bet the rest would work too if you kissed it's A like you have to do with the G5's.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

I heard that the brushes did not last....
No they dont! And I could not find them other than ordering them from the dealer! I got rid of it! Nice rest but whats the point if I got to replace the brushes all the time? My nephew has had the same problem! I put a Ripcord on my new General!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

this review is what turned me away from the 360. i got my general today and after reading the progression of this review i decided to go with tried and true adn got the deluxe wb. it always works. simple and easy, and proven.

Quick Reply: NAP 360 Review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.