Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stealth Stabilizer

Old 02-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Stealth Stabilizer

I have decided to try a stealth stabilizer on my new mathews lx when it comes in. I am going to use a 2 inch, 4 ounce, quiet tune stabilizer for the back stabilizer, (it is adjustable for sound dampening), and am going to use a 6 inch stealth hunter on the front. I contacted stealth by email and they said that the stealth is as good or better than anything on the market right now. My question is about the weight of the stabilizer? The normal hunter comes in 10 ounces. Considering the specs on the lx, riser and parallel limb design, what weight should I get that will balance this bow out well with the rear stabilizer I am going to be using? I want to save as much weight as possible. Stealth said they can make me a custom one in the 6 inch hunter at 6.5 ounces. Will this be enough? Please give me your opinion before I place an order. Thanks. Bhunter32.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:57 AM

Default RE: Stealth Stabilizer

Hard to know what will work for another person. You could just try sliding something in the hole, or using another stab, and trying to mock it up. Tough to get the right feel even then, since the center of gravity of the stab might vary. Try asking the maker where the cg is, just ballancing over his finger would get it for you, then mock that up with some weight, and see who it feels.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:39 AM

I got Stealth to make me a 4" at 6.5 ozs. for my Bowtech mighty mite. It works REAL well. I think the Stelth wil work even without the back stablizers. The mighty mite shoots very hard and fast and the Stealth works great all by itself. Don
Old 02-16-2003, 10:35 AM

Mathews usually are a fairly balanced bow to begin with. That being said, I try to keep the stabilizer weight on the front and back of my riser fairly close in weight. I have a 4oz quiet tune on the front and back and it balances perfectly after the shot. If you wanted the bow to tilt forward a little more after the shot, You might use 6oz quiet tune. I had several conversations with stabilizer manufacturers about what weight to use and as a " general" rule, most recommend at least 8oz total to effectively cancel vibration/noise and to help the balance/stabilize the bow.

I' ve heard that the Stealth is a really good stabilizer, but I recommend that you call Simms/SVL and ask them about this stabilizer because I believe they have already tested it. While you are at it, ask them about the Quiet-Tune, you might be suprised by what they tell you. Also, e-mail Mathews and see what stabilizer they prefer, again the answer may suprise you. The quiet-tune is really hard to beat because it is one of few stabilizers that can be tuned to the actual harmonics of the bow.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:14 AM

OKbowhunter I agree that quiet-tune is a real sleeper in this market. They have an awsome product. I have tried them over the last year on & off and they are great.

The stealth I know nothig about so I can not comment on it. I have heard a lot of good things on them.

Old 02-16-2003, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know that SIMS purchased a Stealth Stabilizer recently..........not exactly sure what they are doing with it.
I' m sure that they didn' t care too much for all the posts reporting that they were better than their stuff.
I persoanlly am one of those guys who found the Stealth stabilizers to be superior to the SIMS models. Up until I purchased the Stealth, the best I had used was a combination of a " Tranquilizer and an Enhancer2000...this was my benchmark for almost 2 seasons.
I did a " Blind Shot Test" a while back shooting a bunch of different makes and models, and the Stealth came out best in Noise, recoil, and vibration reduction of all the models I tested which included SIMS, Vibracheck, Doinker, AEP, NAP, X-Ring, Hi-Tek to name a few..........I also continue to head-to-head these stabilzers as I test and purchase new bow set-ups.
" Saggitarius" also did a review of the Stealth a little while ago also, and he also found the Stealth to be the best he' s tried and he like myself likes SIMS products as well, (and he also has a few stabilizers I' ve never tried including Kyber)

IF you can find the right length/weight combo to balance your particular set-up you won' t be dissapointed in a Stealth. Until the day I test one better that' s what I will shoot on any of my hunting bows.
I really can' t help with the balance issue on the Mathews LX....I haven' t held one yet. What might help your decision is to place stabilizers of known weights that you might own into both front and back to come up with a front/back weight ratio that balances your bow properly before you purchase. If you have a shop that will let you play you should have no problem...........either way you won' t have to guess.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:56 AM

Matt/PA,
The explanation I received from SVL was that sometimes a stabilizer can be so effective that it removes so much noise and vibration that it allows you to notice things that were not noticeable before. That is why sometimes people say that the SVL Modular made their bow sound different and wasn' t sure of its effectiveness. I think it really is hard sometimes to make comparisons between archery products because of all various factors that need to be controlled in order to make a fair comparison. I don' t necessarily doubt your findings concerning the Stealth stabilizer though. For your particular bow, that may be the best combination.

SVL has always been upfront with me when they test their stabilizers against the competition. I tend to favor their testing procedures because it takes the human element/bias out of the testing (if done ethically). Test equipment shows no preference or bias, it just provides performance measurements. They were honest about the effectiveness of the Quiet-Tune vs their Modular System. Their tests found the Stealth did not compare in their tests. Having said that, the reason I don' t necessarily disagree with your findings is because every bow has different harmonics and every bow is different because of the accessories, etc. that are placed on it. That is why the Quiet-Tune is so effective is because it can be tuned to match the harmonic characteristics of the bow. The SVL has a similiar design in which you can add or subtract modules until you find the best combo for your bow. Just one person' s opinion.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK, I will have to disagree about " No-Bias" (friendly like of course ) with SIMS testing stabilizers........do you really think a company who' s bread and butter is noise/vibration reduction is going to say " Yep that really is better than ours." ?? Every archery manufacturer KNOWS they' re the best and they ALL say that they can back it up. I don' t let the manufacturers decide for me what is best....I like to know first hand.
All I know is that through all the " Real world" testing that I' ve done and others just like me have found otherwise.......that' s what I' ll put stock in everytime. I know I have no way to " QUantify" what I found, but it was there.......and when I say blind testing I mean that I was not even allowed to see what stabilizer was on the bow! (ask my poor wife who is my " assistant" ) There was NO BIAS.
If you are saying that the one that felt better, and sounded quieter isn' t really the better one then I' m a confused individual.
I know what you are saying about maybe what I felt was " Best" for my particular set-up, but.........
I haven' t done this with ONE bow.......the test bows I' ve tested these stabilizers on are as follows:

BowTech Mighty Mite
BowTech Pro38 DUal Cam
Hoyt Defiant XT2000 Redline
Hoyt Striker Redline
Hoyt Ultratec CC+
BowTech Pro38 Single Cam
Darton Rampage

That shows a cross section of everything from Hard single cams, and aggressive dual cams to even CPS style cams..........what else is there?

Not an argument honest.......I just know FIRST HAND that whatever SIMS might have to say about what I have found and " Saggitarius" has found and what everyone else here who uses one has found is pure bologna....with cheese.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt.
did you have to put the cheese on

I just sent you a PM with some questions
Old 02-16-2003, 02:37 PM

I don' t know about all the testing and bias but I know I was bias when I tested my Sims aganist the Stealth. I wanted the best stablizer on my bow I could get. The modular Sims is good but compared to others I have shot it is average and a 50.00 stablizer shouldn' t be average. I also had to Loctite the sections to keep them from getting loose every 10 shots. My 11 year old loves the Sims on his Parker but I won' t let him shoot my Stealth for fear of having to order another one. Don

Quick Reply: Stealth Stabilizer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.