Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What wax/string lubricant?

Old 03-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What wax/string lubricant?

Well, as embarassing as this is to say, I never waxed my WC string on my Ross (I really didn't take overally great care of my bows, but now that I'm more serious about it, I am). I've since just replaced them with a set from Gibblet using 452X. I see so many different opinions/thoughts on string wax/lube over on AT my head is going to explode. The big push over there is for the scorpion venom because it goes on as a liquid and doesn't require "wicking" away like traditional wax. Should I just go with a natural beeswax, synthetic silicone/graphite mix, or this liquid "miracle?"
Old 03-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What wax/string lubricant?

BCY ML6

Don't rub it hard after application either, 452x will start to fray and you dont need to warm it up when applying to get it in the fibers. I apply evenly w/ my fingers, then one or two passes witha lint free cloth to get the excess off.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

BCY ML6
ORIGINAL: Rick James

BCY ML6

Don't rub it hard after application either, 452x will start to fray and you dont need to warm it up when applying to get it in the fibers. I apply evenly w/ my fingers, then one or two passes witha lint free cloth to get the excess off.
Thanks, Matt. Is it something inherent of the 452X material? Isn't that a dyneema/vectran blend or is it a dyneema/spectra blend? Either way, I was wondering as I searched whether the string material made a difference on what type of wax you used. Also, I see you mentioned using a lint free cloth, so you wouldn't suggest using floss (I would assume which may cause the fraying)?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, this may make me sound like a cheapo, but Rob, Ben, or anyone else for that matter know if Gander Mountain carries this? Only reason I mention is it's ~$6.00 from Lancaster, plus $6 S&H...would be nice to not have to double the price
Old 03-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Order a dozen arrows then the shipping will be about right.

I love Lancaster's service,HATE their shipping prices.

The Dalton's wax is also a very good wax.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Order a dozen arrows then the shipping will be about right.

I love Lancaster's service,HATE their shipping prices.

The Dalton's wax is also a very good wax.
Yeah shipping seems a bit high for this little tube, but I like where your head is at on the arrows. You guys can be a bad influence on a guys wallet you know?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ML6 is my choice. I always have Free shipping

Dan
Old 03-14-2008, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

BCY ML6

BCY ML6

Thanks, Matt. Is it something inherent of the 452X material? Isn't that a dyneema/vectran blend or is it a dyneema/spectra blend? Either way, I was wondering as I searched whether the string material made a difference on what type of wax you used. Also, I see you mentioned using a lint free cloth, so you wouldn't suggest using floss (I would assume which may cause the fraying)?
Yes, this is inherent of 452x. I don't know the exact blend of 452x (I let gibblet worry about that sort of stuff for me [8D]). All I know is that I've had in depth conversation w/ gibblet about this exact question and this was his response.........so that's why I do it that way.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ML6 is my choice. I always have Free shipping

Dan
You're the man...I'll send you a pm.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

BCY ML6

BCY ML6

Yes, this is inherent of 452x. I don't know the exact blend of 452x (I let gibblet worry about that sort of stuff for me [8D]). All I know is that I've had in depth conversation w/ gibblet about this exact question and this was his response.........so that's why I do it that way.
Thanks, Matt, I certainly trust your opinion.

Quick Reply: What wax/string lubricant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.