Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally finished my new strings (pics)

Old 02-17-2003, 09:33 AM

Default RE: Finally finished my new strings (pics)

Wow, look at those colors! Looks good. How many tries did it take you? I' ve done a couple so far, some total failures and some very close but none that I really totally happy with so far. I supose that' s just me.

Here' s the original thread for Buzco to get caught up.
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1
Old 02-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

It took 2 tries on each of the 3. The lengths were slightly off and the number of twists in each were not anywhere near the same. For example, the first string had a moderate number of twists and I was happy, but I did not get it served in a way I was happy with. It was too loose. The first split cable looked good, but on the advice of my proshop I remade it the way Hoyt makes their split harness, or should I say saddled harness since they do not split the yolk on their cables so I made that one again. On the other cable the finished string was the exact length and needed 0 twists in it to get the cams timed properly. Well I could not stand that so I remade that one and they now have between 10 - 15 twists in each of them and they look fairly uniform. I put them through the works this past Sunday shooting them about 150 times, cumlinating in a 3D shoot where I shot a 175 and finished 3rd in the hunter class. So far no creep at all, and abso.lutely no peep rotation. I love these things.

i have already ordered some green and brown string material and serrving material to make some " camo" strings for hunting season.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Reylamb,
Those are great looking strings!
You should be proud of yourself, not everyone can consistantly make good strings and cables.