Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ok LOOP ?

Old 03-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Ok LOOP ?

Ok did I make the right move?

I am a 28'' draw, I went with a loop this year for the first time. I put the 27.5 mod on my bow. I am pretty sure I am correct in my thinking. I made the loop 1/2 inch, it will be a tad bit longer when I draw.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok LOOP ?

I think that a loop is definately beneficial. If you feel/felt that adding the loop changed your anchor point too much then I suspect the route you went will work alright. A lot of that is personal preference. It depends on your shooting style, anchor point, the release you use etc. I'd say that if it works for you, then you made the right move.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with SwampCollie. I like the loop myself and didn't really adjust my drawlength to compensate. I have used different modules to adjust the drawlength just to see if there was big difference and I could shoot just fine with the shorter drawlength. I just preferred my original. And that is just what I agree with SwampCollie about, personal preference. If you have the ability to adjust DL easily you may want to experiment a little there and see what feels "right".
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well they did not have any 28'' mods[:@], I will try this a bit, but I can swap it out no problem.

This is a great forum, when did HNI add this one
Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 PM

The addition of a loop does nothing to your draw length. If your DL is 28", it's 28", loop or no. What it DOES do is move your release hand anchor back. I suspect you are going to be slightly uncomfortable w/ that DL, it's going to be too short. The string will be in front of your face......that's all assuming the 28" was right to begin with, and not too long.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 PM

I've never altered a draw length for a loop. My 30" draw stays 30", loop or no.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobow

The addition of a loop does nothing to your draw length. If your DL is 28", it's 28", loop or no. What it DOES do is move your release hand anchor back. I suspect you are going to be slightly uncomfortable w/ that DL, it's going to be too short. The string will be in front of your face......that's all assuming the 28" was right to begin with, and not too long.
Will piss[:@]
Ok I guess I need a 28'' MOD I shot 27.5 for years. I had a hoyt that was 27.5 best shooter i ever had

Here is the only picture I have of me shooting

Old 03-12-2008, 01:20 PM

Well then, maybe that 28" is a little too long. Maybe the 27 1/2 is what you need......That I don't know, I just know that what your DL is it is, regardless of a loop. What's the DL in the pic? Looks pretty good to me.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

28'' in the picture

Thx Mobow I am a loop moron I have never shot one before. Thank you
Old 03-12-2008, 02:17 PM

A loop will not change the mechanical draw length of the BOW, as in the power stroke remains the same. It will however change the perceived draw length, or YOUR draw length because now the distance from your bow hand to your release hand at full draw has increased. It will also change where and how you anchor and the position in which the bow is pointed at full draw.

Every set up is different. I have several bows and every one of them has a slightly different draw length in order to feel "just" right. Even the type of release makes a difference. I suggest when you buy a bow you take your release, or if you are buying a new one you pick one out first then decide if you want to use a loop or not. After that have the bow adjusted to fit you then start tuning it.

You can use a head designed for a loop though that has a shorter head and things will equal out some.

Paul

Quick Reply: Ok LOOP ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.