Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ok LOOP ?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ok LOOP ?

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

A loop will not change the mechanical draw length of the BOW, as in the power stroke remains the same. It will however change the perceived draw length, or YOUR draw length because now the distance from your bow hand to your release hand at full draw has increased. It will also change where and how you anchor and the position in which the bow is pointed at full draw.

Every set up is different. I have several bows and every one of them has a slightly different draw length in order to feel "just" right. Even the type of release makes a difference. I suggest when you buy a bow you take your release, or if you are buying a new one you pick one out first then decide if you want to use a loop or not. After that have the bow adjusted to fit you then start tuning it.

You can use a head designed for a loop though that has a shorter head and things will equal out some.

Paul
Paul that was my thinking, anyways for both my new bows I just need to swap mods. I am going to order 28 & 27.5 for both. I just ordered 28'' for the ROSS. I will get some 27.5 for my GTO.

Thx Guys
Old 03-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take the tension out of that bow hand of yours
Old 03-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: mobow

The addition of a loop does nothing to your draw length. If your DL is 28", it's 28", loop or no. What it DOES do is move your release hand anchor back. I suspect you are going to be slightly uncomfortable w/ that DL, it's going to be too short. The string will be in front of your face......that's all assuming the 28" was right to begin with, and not too long.
Will piss[:@]
Ok I guess I need a 28'' MOD I shot 27.5 for years. I had a hoyt that was 27.5 best shooter i ever had

Here is the only picture I have of me shooting

those lines look a bit crooked to me

but really, nice lookin form
Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

When you add a loop it is going to change your draw length and anchors.You need to shorten the draw length of the bow when adding the loop,then the anchors will need to be slightly up to get the anchors back to where you like.

IF YOU DON'T,the draw hand will be coming back to far making a solid anchor harder to achieve,assuming you were right to begin with.This will also cause your elbow to have a tendancy to over rotate.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wish I would have read Paul's response first,he is dead on and you are going about this the right way.

And your draw length looks good in the pic.It wouldn't look good if you were shooting a loop at that draw length,imo. But the grip hand does need some work.